DSM > Turbo Focus

Had a run against the turbo Focus tonite, (Focusinprogress).

Very impressed with the car. He was able to hold pretty even with me. I started to walk away a little bit more up top around 80-90+MPH. From 40-80mph I was only able to creep away very slightly.

Definately very cool to see a project DIY car come thru and actually be completed and work out fairly good. Get that thing tuned and it’ll be a good deal quicker as well.

Nice meeting you as well.

sounds like a fun friendly race :tup:

i was passenger in the dsm, this was a good fucking race. clark edged him out by .5 car
good runs d00d :tup:

i was pissed we got there after the race. i really wanted to see the focus. i’ve been following that build for awhile. oh well, maybe another night.

good kill steve. and good job focusinprogress on a nice build :tup:

yeah it was pretty dam close, i was surprised i kept ya cause your running nearly double the boost. ive got 2 degrees of timing pulled until i can get on a dyno so one i tune up with a wideband and put that 2 degrees back in i should pull a nice amount harder, im almost positive ive got leaks too.

bigair, whats your 1/4 mile time ? might have a race for ya next weekend :slight_smile:

i believe its in his sig :wink:

14.079 @ 94 MPH

sneaky bastard hiding shit in plain site … of course i didnt see it … how could i see it if its right in front of my face ?

can’t wait to see this focus in action.

:tup:

Time for a new name…

we’ll have to run again when i tune it better and sort out my leaks

good stuff man, glad to see it’s come together for you. doers > talkers.

yeah wait till steve gets something else on his car shit is stock besides a mbc.
exhaust or a REAL stock turbo will make it a real good race after u get tuned.

i bet, this is only my beginning, hopefully next season ill have my a/c off, new DP, ported intake mani, and turbo cams

HRK… You blind retard. :lol:

I’m prolly going to the track friday… I need new times.

Focusinprogress, I’m on the itty bitty T25, so 17psi on that thing is barely any CFM. Haha.

Goooooooooooooooood times though.

i cracked another weld today :^(

is that why it wasnt pulling that hard?
we should race again to see how much of an improvement the turbo did

nice runs fellas :tup:

i swear joe everytime you wanna go for a ride in my car i have a cracked weld and then you are disappointed in its capabilities lol, next tuesday me and hotrodkid are taking off my a/c system, making a new downpipe with wastgate dump, and re-doing a few welds and making some supports for the WG. then i gotta get this pig on a dyno to finish my tune