DSM's

also if anyone has better options for a pricerange of 7 grand feel free to throw your thoughts out there, not SPECIFIC cars in the for sale thread, dont pitch me a car that your selling, i mean a model in general.

[quote=“GhettoDaxx,post:20,topic:28764"”]

Considering i dont know how to drive manual,

[/quote]

Then learn to drive one. Its not that hard.

[quote=“jeeves744,post:22,topic:28764"”]

Then learn to drive one. Its not that hard.

[/quote]

:word: You can make an AT DSM fast but it’s a lot more fun to drive a manual.

[quote=“GhettoDaxx,post:6,topic:28764"”]

i mean like, are they KNOWN to be real flaky and fall apart.

[/quote]

DSM has come to stand for Driver Slash Mechanic.

DSM’s have a bad-rap about them, which is partially true, but GREATLY exagerrated.

95% of Turbo DSMs are modded in some sort and driven hard. Which we all know will break shit.

The crankwalk of 2g’s is a real big fuck-up too. Mitsu should /themselves for that disaster.

Once my DSM got a new motor after it walked around 80k, it was very reliable up until 140k-year round buffalo miles finally got to it and rear wheel bearings starting to self-destruct.

It never stranded me though, and ran very well.

If you’re looking at non-turbos though, you are getting hosed price-wise, and it ought to be quite reliable too if it came from a respectable owner. Watch out for non-turbos owned by teens though, as they likely thought it was a supercar and drove the shit out of it.

so you guys got any other ideas for cars if i chose not to get a gen2 eclipse auto?

i mean, couldnt we all take any known make and model and name some shit thats known to go wrong with them?

be honest, this is going to be my first car.

thoughts?

:inb4someonesaysbuyahonda:

I love my dsms and I don’t have any problems with them except changing the timing belt every 60k. Then again I don’t buy 2g’s…

oooo boy, daveys buying a car…good place to find info though, i <3 you guys :smiley:

haha yeah, no better place really. wanna make sure im not wasting my money too much

FWIW, all cars are money pits, unless it is brand new and under an awesome warranty.

I see no problems getting an N/A Auto Eclipse.