DUI check points

If I drive home drunk and don’t hit anyone, it doesn’t affect anyone else. If that shit runs out of your pants onto the floor, believe me you’re affecting others, don’t even get me started on the bacteria and disease that lives/grows in feces, but I don’t want to get into minutia.

I understand drunks shouldn’t be on the road, and I agree they should be nailed for it.

However, why should sober people who don’t ever drink be forced sit through this procession, get out their license, registration, insurance, etc? At least we agree that checkpoints can/should be avoided.

Many pinkos who are all for DUI checkpoints won’t agree to “proof of citizenship checkpoints” in bordertowns. What is your stance on those?

I don’t think it should be a capital offense though. My reactions at 0.1% BAC are better than 70 year old grandmas reactions at 0.00% BAC. So to make it a capital offense, and have people getting nailed who were not actually impaired, would not be fair either.

I could drop a refrigerator down the stairs and kill someone because I was irresponsible and used the wrong equipment, but that doesn’t mean it should be a capital offense. You can’t really punish these things until something happens, the perp is caught weaving, running lights, or causes an accident.

How about this, I’m sitting in my car, drunk as a skunk, at a red-light, and get rear-ended by some teenage beauty queen who wasn’t drinking, but happened to be busy putting on her make-up. Should I really be at fault just because I was intoxicated?

It’s not as simple as making it a capital offense, but I understand where you’re going with that. I would like to have a law stating that drunk drivers who are clearly at fault in a fatal accident shall receive the punishment of the death penalty. Now that would put an end to this circus we call drunk driving, and place the responsibility back in the hands of the drivers.