Dumbass preservationist of the day.

http://www.buffalonews.com/storyimage/BN/20130120/CITYANDREGION/130129895/AR/0/AR-130129895.jpg&maxW=602&maxH=602&AlignV=top&Q=80
Nowak, 47, runs a lawn-care business in the summer. When he gave up snowplowing, it left his winter days free. It also left a lot of free time to dream about what the waterfront could be. He’s drawn up a sprawling vision to turn the hundreds of acres of former Bethlehem land into a waterfront park with a stadium, condos and more.

It’s a dream. The land is privately owned

http://www.buffalonews.com/Article/20130120/CITYANDREGION/130129895

“Why not? It’s not like I have a job.”

Good job reporting news, Buffalo News.

Go home lawn care fuck, you’re drunk.

So he wants to save the building, but he wants to turn the area into a waterfront park? Wut?

I hope they bulldoze his tent while he’s sleeping in it. Who the fuck wants to visit this rundown building as a “landmark”?! As far as I’m concerned, it served it’s purpose. Knock it down and put the property to use. I’m sure there will be so many issues with soil quality, they don’t need this jobless yuppy getting in the way.

I’m all for restorations.

But some of these buildings are far too gone. Additionally, instead of compromising on a modernized old building, most preservationists INSIST on keeping things 100% original.

100% original is 100x more expensive.

I definitely have a place in my heart for old art-deco buildings and lavish uses of copper and crafted stone. But unfortunately we just don’t have the money/use to have buildings like this.

It definitely was a cool building and it’s a shame it went to shit. I just can’t stand these morons who feel entitled to demand that someone else preserve it.

“the occasional warm-up in his 1993 Cadillac Seville.”
Seems like he’s green as can be. Glad he’s trying to save a dilapidated building and not the ozone.

At least he doesn’t waste gas driving to work every day.

“All we can do is try our best. That’s why I’m out here. This is the last effort.”

Maybe he should be trying his best at not being a deadbeat leech on society… Bet you this turd is on funemployment too

Only because his Caddy assisted with the global warming that put him out of the plow business.

I saw this guy while driving back from the city last weekend. What a fool

He might seriously reconsider after this weeks forecast, haha.

I would much rather save that building than the shitty grain elevators.

+1

I’d also spray this stupid idiot with a garden hose until he left my property.

Hopefully he tries to stay through the cold, his POS won’t start, and he freezes to death.

Wow, you gus are harsh…

I would say theyre more… cold

extreme dude

shame about the building, beaux arts is pretty incredible

I’m with Sobo. Beautiful building but if it’s too far gone then you need to make the hard choice and move on. Jabbu’s right. His dedication may wane a bit as the week goes on. Who wants to meet me down there to hose down his tent with water in the middle of the night? BTW, I’m pretty sure this is Tim Tielman’s lover.

extremes must exist for there to be moderates

we have knocked down a lot of cool buildings (Larkin, Public Library, etc) so I’m not upset preservationists exist