Dunnville Autodrome SHUT DOWN by locals: *Please Sign Our Petition!*

Is this the place where I drove joestypeS’s evo that day?

if so that sucks, and also, I didn’t think anyone lived within that place for MILES hahaha

This whole thing really sucks. If there is an address for the local government I’d be happy to send a letter or two supporting the track.

:tup: I was going to make the same suggestion. Nelson isn’t very far, and it’s a fun fast course with banked fast and slow turns. No-one who enjoys Dunnville would be disappointed. I think we’d probably need either paid or volunteer corner workers though.

There is one lawyer who lives on the other side of the tree line, way way back off the property. He’s the one who fought for most of this because, well, he didn’t need to hire a lawyer…

We’ve sent petitions, letters, etc and nothing has helped. People from the town have even testified that they love the increased business that the track generates.

yeah fuck TMP, they spam the shit out of me via email, all because I spoke with some chick there a while ago about an event (who was a useless sales drone anyway and never sent me what I was asking about). It’s honestly a garbage track anyway, shit layout, shit surface, shit paddock, middle of bum-fuck Ontario.

AND

+1000 for Nelson, I’ll do that extra drive ANY DAY, fucking love that track. Oh, and talk about bend-over-backwards management too, they are very supportive of clubs. FWIW I think they do “cheap” days where you supply or don’t bother with corner workers, don’t know how I’d feel about that though…

I was looking forward to driving at Dunnville sometime this year, never have before.

I have an upcoming track day at Watkins with PCA in October, and was hoping to have good practice at Dunnville since the last track day I participated was in Texas in May.

You guys made those track days so cheap, I had at least 5 or 6 friends (including my dad) ready to come out.

this sucks, I even just got my passport just for the next track day :frowning:

is this the nelson one? http://www.nelsonledges.com/TFMap.aspx
Looks like a much faster track, (less turns) I liked the tight turns at dunnville made faster drivers not faster cars. (not that i dont suck at driving)

But looks like a fun option i guess, eather way as long as i have some plce to break my car im happy

The worst part of all of this… is that Mike and Dave may now be permanently at the top of the leader board. :suicide:

I keed, I keed. :bowrofl:

BeaveRun is the shit. i grew up near that track, use to flag there.

This sucks! Anyone want to organize a protest cruise or something, we can all drive by that jerk lawyer’s house with our crazy loud exhausts (kidding - mine is stock).

This hurts, bad

Hi Josh,

This is Howi from Function Racing. Are you sure about the cancellation of this Saturday? The Maxbimmer guys seems to believe otherwise:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1337281

Hopefully, we can still participate in your event this Saturday.

Howi

Howi, the owner of the track called me directly to give me the news. There is only one person associated with Dunnville who can make that call, and that’s the owner.

This sucks, especially since i was really looking forward to participating in more events in the future.

And kind of thinking out of the box, since obviously nobody on hear can afford a piece of land like that and to have it all paved, i say we start a fund for NYSpeed to buy out a piece of flat land, and rather than paving a track, keep it dirt and have NYSpeed rally track days :pimp:

Sucks…never got there. :frowning:

I sent an email to Stop Dunnville Autodrome people. It’s not going to make any difference, but I feel better now.

I was disheartened and devastated to learn of your successful efforts in closing down of the Dunnville Autodrome. The road course at this location was one of a dieing breed of affordable auto enthusiasm.

I’m hope your organization is happy with your now quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Oh wait, an Airport is still operating at that location.

Kudos to ruining fun!

Here’s their dumb blog: Mouth of the Grand

Just curious… Does anyone know if some tornado’s reach the Dunnville Mobile Home Suburb?? Maybe the storm’s were able to nudge their rolling homes a few kilometers away from the track…maybe.?? wish full thinking… and sorry for any injured or casualties of the Dunnville community

Is it true they were operating without the proper zoning permits for a racetrack?

Figures after I get my car ready for one of these it shuts down. :frowning:

Watkin’s Glen does occasionally have somewhat affordable track days ($2xx)…it’s not $100 but it’s better than some of them.

They had a permit to act as a test / lapping track and proving ground which is what they used it for. Most of the noise that the locals complained about was from the Indy Lights / Cup Light Cars and the race teams that used the track for tests. This is how the track made it’s money; not from our lapping days.

The only thing they could not do was have wheel-to-wheel racing and that type of competition which would have required a different permit. It wasn’t classed as a “race” track and never used as one.

The locals tried to get the area re-zoned at one point to make the permit they had invalid. But the permits are based on how the track is used, not on what kind of cars use the track. The track also tried to get the area re-zoned in their favor. Neither effort was successful.

The track owner should buy a couple PA speakers and loud huge speaker boxes and play different super loud exhaust notes all day.

There is no noise ordinance during the day correct?

Maybe different explosion/machine gun noises?