dvd deck problem?

Ok well after driving the car from oshawa to toronto my deck worked how it was supposed to. But once we took it to the mechanic shop in toronto we took it out because we have had incidents where they stole our audio system. Anyway when they were done with the car we drove it home, and the next day installed the deck. It worked for a bit, but then me being an idiot (i think this is the cause) i drove the automatic car like it was a manual putting over drive on and using first and second gears labeled on the shifter, anyway when i drove it would play music and what not but if i choose to change tracks, or raise or lower the volume it would like litterally turn off blank dvd screen, so i was like maybe it needed some charging car battery that is, so i kept driving but no change. So ive turned to you guys to help me with this problem. Ask me if you need to know anything more to help me wiht this problem.

does it turn on now ?

Ye it works when the car turns on and what ever. As long as u dont touch it it works, but once u touch the buttons it turns off COMPLETELY, and in about 10 secs come back on. Mind you can touch anything else on the deck and it will work, just the buttons, and knobs

take it back to where u bought it
or if u bought it from someone , just take it to a authorized dealer and they should know something for u

sounds like the faceplate is not touching the metal prong things behind it.
happind to a sony explode i had…literally did what its name was
best bet is to take it back to whom you bought it from

check your ground point

bad power?
Bad Gound?
Bacd connection behind face?
Odds are its just bust

you un installed it? or took the faceplate off?

uninstalled it.

Re check your connections, ignore the comments about faceplate touching, it’s more like bad ground or power connections.

found the problem guys:D. It was a ribbon cable that was slightly out of its socket causing it to turn off when ever i pushed a button. Also another great discovery i found out was why my deck tilt button wasnt working it was a stripped gear. now to get the gear. anyone know where i can get a explode view of a avh-p6500?