Audio Problem

Just baught a panosonic deck for a 91 Hatch. I completed everything black to black, yellow to yellow, and Red to red but for some odd reason it just wont turn on i checked the fuses it works perfectly fine and i know its not the deck because both the tape and the cd one aint working. I get a spark once in a while but not all the time. Has anyone ever had this problem and i need help thanks.

Make sure the deck is working first of all. Test it on your car battery… open the hood and hook up the power wire to the + and the ground to the - terminal

You get a spark? Fire extinguisher?

Do you have active speakers? Are you upgrading from stock? You must be using a harness…

If you have Active Speakers, and are upgrading from stock, please use google.

Yes i have active speakers but the previous owner installed a kenwood tape deck and totally ripped out the wires from the stock harness and connected it to the kenwood harness which leaves me clue less as to why he would do that unless he did this back in 93 when harnesses didnt exist i think. :?

if u live close to me i could help you out

dont just match the colours, use a manual from your and from your deck, colours do not match often

well yeh the wires were mismatched when i got a mechanic to come do it for me he actually blew my deck. :evil: but o well i was hearing Pioneer has the best quality so im gonna return this one after i can get the smell out. Then get a professional to do it for me but i dont wanna pay 80 bucks for something so easy, and yeh i live near Steeles and Islington.