Installing Aftermarket Deck

I have all the speaker wires correctly done, and I even get the little red blinking light that is a security blink type thing on the deck to work, but when I put the actual faceplate on, nothing illuminates. Have any of you guys run into this problem? I wired a deck into my S14 last year no problem, but this S13 is driving me nuts. There are doubles of some wires and I dont even know what to do with that crap when there is two 12V leads and such. Deck is a Panasonic CQ-C7401U. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bartek :partyman:

Get a multi meter from crappy tire and check each wire for voltage when you do this like turn on the lights, turn on the car and … you get the point. A multi meter is your friend when you do any type of wiring.

Check the ground.

Or does it still play music if you let it load, or does it just not come on at all…

Oh man I cant wait until I have to put whole new speaker wires from EACH speaker into my car…

Going to be fun :?

I totally forgot about using the multimeter, I bought one last spring and its still sitting in the plastic.

The deck itself turns on to an extent, it blinks its little red light, but the second you put the faceplate on, nothing happens, no power, nada.

theres a good chance you have the wrong power wires on the back of the deck… if you can drive the car to my house i can help you take a look at it… (im an installer)

I just ordered a manufacturer wiring harness from Panasonic cause I left the old one in my old car, so thats what Im hooking up. Im just splicing car harness direct to deck harness… Where abouts do you live? You can PM if youd like.

Ok so I fucked something up, now my clock resets to 1:00 everytime I shut the car off, doesnt keep memory. I thk I may have blown a fuse somewhere.

Yup, the clock thing is a dead giveaway. Blown fuse.

Where can I pick up spare fuses? Right from the dealership perhaps?

Would you guys know offhand what kind id need, is it just a 10 or 15?

Find the fuse that’s blown first.

lol duh to me haha, Ill brb.

Canadian tire will sell all the fuses you need.

Ya its a 10 thats blown, I thought itd be a quick 2min check then I dropped a good fuse into a crawl space in the car and ended up taking apart all the side molding to get it out. But ya Ill go to Canadian Tire or parts source or something and look for some 10’s.

K clock and interior lights are all operational again, Im gonna give this deck wiring another go after work.

Thanks guys.
Bartek.

you might have the battery and ignition wire mixed up

both wires supply power which would explain that your deck turns on, battery wire is constant power while ignition wire cuts out, this would explain why the memory settings on your deck reset

According to my diagram I have Blue as the power, but the thing is there are two of them, and the multimeter I bought is broken so Ill pick up a new one soon enough. And I have the Red Black as the ACC if I remember correctly.

Like I got the speakers wired correctly and I get the little red security blink light on the deck itself to turn on, but when the faceplate is attatched nothing illuminates on screen.
After I get home, Ill give it another go, and if that fails Ill just go for a cruise without tunes as usual haha. Weight Reduction YO!

i live a couple blocks from kingsway mall… illl pm you my phone number and you can gimmie a call im sure it will be a fast fix to get you set and running again…

Try switching the power and permanent power wires.