Dyno Time -- anyone else?

i think what they are trying to get it is that there is no such thing as a quick tune.

GT

To a degree that is right.

However, if you are say only putting in larger injectors you will not need the entire day to tune for them. Thats what I mean by a quick secsion of say only 2-3hrs ish.

Some people do dyno like that. There system is tunned but they upgrade one ot two things and only need a quick re-tune.

I agree with you both…there are levels of tuning required.

The last time I was only at Neetronics for a few hours (and that time also included installing a O2 bung on my downpipe) … and most of the time strapped to the dyno is cooldown anyway…not actual tuning.

I am very interested in this in the next month. Please let me/us know what is going on with this.

Im the guy that owns the grey 1990 s13 - with the RB25 that was on display at performance world.

(by the way - for all those that doubted me on this forum … the car sound sweet)

I work in Etobicoke … at Next Level Automotive.

Well said…

Whats your name?

What car do you drive?

Where do you work?

Have I met you?[/quote]

Oh Stephan/Stefan Right?

Well, a fairly unsuccessful trip to the dyno.

Injector install went no problem. None were stuck.

MAF install…not much of a problem…(had 2 wires wrong and the PowerFC alerted us to that…fixed easy.)

PowerFC install…brainless and no problem.

Start tuning…

running like a hog. Something not right.

3+ Hours later it turns out I was shipped 2 faulty injectors. Injectors were getting signal, coils were firing but injectors were no squirting. Ug!

So, 370cc’s back in, PowerFC tuned enough to get me home.

Now I limp around wainting to get some new 555’s and more dyno time.

Thanks to Paul and Andy at Neetronics for hanging in there and staying till past midnight to try to get it done. See you soon.

Oh yeah…and thanks to Stefan for bumping me off the dyno on Friday evening. :twisted: :slight_smile:

It turns out there may in fact be a rb25 S13 lurking our streets…one mean one too :shock:

Hey … Sorry about that … as you can see … shit happen`s

PM you

heh I need to setup some dyno time too. Its always good to take care of all the mechanical stuff before you go to pauls so you’re only paying him for tuning. I’m not quite ready to go for tuning yet as there is still a lot of stuff I need to do myself and then I’m gonna go, but i’ll let you guys know when im going for sure!

^^^ exactly what he said… i should be ready in about 2 weeks.

I totally agree man. That’s why it would be nice to have those 2 different prices, for a quick tune or full session, as a standing thing for all SON members. Then each person can book there appointment and the tunning can be done properly.

Easy 8)[/quote]

Bruce, the problem is every car is different. There is no way he can give a good baseline estimate price, in good conscience, based solely on your car and mods. As can be seen earlier in this thread, things come up and problems arise 9 times out of 10 that need to be dealt with. When one deals with these problems they go over the estimated tuning time and then you get mad because it cost more than you were quoted.

As Sasha said, what you need to do is get everything mechanically sound and working very well, THEN take it to the dyno to make it run properly; and assume that it will take all day. That way, if it doesn’t you’ll be happy, and if it does you won’t be angry.

Paul is certainly one of the best in the biz, and he’s extremely honest. He tends to tune cars that he knows will be driven on the street a little more conservatively, for reliability’s sake, but I’ve also seen him put some crazy numbers down just in good tuning. I recommend him for sure!

I shall want dyno time in about a month or so

Call now then. They’re very backed up.

Yeah, looks like they’re booked till July 16th, so you better book now!

my uncles work is just off nantucket i know the place your talking about i always go watch when im over at his work :slight_smile: