Dynoed my SR20VE!

Went to a local shop to Dyno my NX. The place is called Aurora Automotive and is located on Industrail parkway and Wellington street. About 5 of us went. We all got 2 runs and a 5min tune in between. Rob(B15) and I both switched the VVL from 5000rpm to 4800rpm in between. Gained 3-5 ponies because of it:R

B15 Sentra-SR20VE w/minor mods
My NX-SR20VE w/minor mods
1989 supra- Nicley modded 7M-GTE
1989/90 Skyline- RB20 with big turbo,intercooler
2002 Cavalier- 2.2 Ecotec w/mods

SR20ve B15-221WHP@13.5 A/F
SR20VE NX-223WHP@13.1 A/F
Supra-315WHP@11.5 A/F
Skyline-208WHP@16.1 A/F:S
Cavalier-173WHP unknown A/F

I was quite happy with my numbers. I always wondered what my buddy Dave(Supra) had for numbers because i ran with him(up to the speed limit,of course) on the hwy not to long ago.Power to weight bitches!:smiley:

As you guys can see, the Steves skyline was running WAY lean! Thats what you get with running a bigger turbo,FMIC,3.5 cat back and 260CC injectors!!!:{

I dont know how believable these numbers are,but im just going by the dyno. I will post up my Dyno sheets when i get a scanner…LOL:o

-Ryan-

That’s a nice number for an NA SR VE.
How much torque does it put down and at what RPM does the HP and TQ max?
And how much did it cost you to do that dyno pull?

Tell your friend to upgrade the injectors and remapping the ECU on that Skyline QUICKLY. If he hasn’t done so already, he should try running an adjustable FPR as a temporary fix.
Leaning out a car is a bad thing. I hope he hasn’t been running it like that for too long.

Torque figures werent the best…but anything is better then honda’s torque:D

163-163lft/lb for both VE’s. Nice flat curve with it ascending alittle
330ft/lb for the Supra IIRC.

Steve knew his injector size was ****ed from the beginning but wanted to see how bad…LOL! His theroy is that its only a RB20…he’s wanting a RB25/26 or something later. Holes in pistons are never a good thing.

nice, i wish you had a turbo B-series VE everyone would bow down to you, sick whp!!!

I raped a green JDM style EG civic around sandlewood and Mc laughlin, Honda’s are amzingly…slow.

“I’m so JDM TYTE… i’ll never buy a honda in my life”

yo ryan, that’s awesome, very impressive numbers, but a little odd compared to the numbers seen from other VE’s on sr20forum. most struggle to break 200 with more mods then you have. what type of dyno was it and what was the air temperature?

still, your car pulls hard, and the benchmark doesnt lie, you are not too far behind that supra as far as WHP goes, which is a feat in itself.

BTW, i rode in adam’s turbo B13 last weekend when he came to buy some parts off me. it might have been the quiet exhaust, but his car just didnt seem quite as fast as yours.

HAHAHAHA!!! VE all the way…turbos are for bitches…LOL!!!

It was on a Mustang Dyno. Although the numbers dont match up to the sr20forum…im still happy with the result. Number are numbers, you can be happy or sad with them…I was going to the dyno to make sure the Calum ECU was tuned properly and the A/F Ratio was right. I wonder what a dyno jet would read?

The main thing is that I’m happy with my car and how it performs:)

I was the other ve, and i called mustang dyno to ask if the dyno needs to be recalibrated for FWD and he said “no”, but i was still questing my numebers as well. it just seems that 221hp and 163Tq was very high for a factory ve with some bolt on’s. People on the Sr20forum would die for these numbers, but they are not right. the only way to see if these numbers are maybe right go to another dyno or 1/4mile it but it all cost coin…