New Dyno #s

Thought some of you might be interested. Laid down some new #s tonight with the front mount and retune.

Put down 212 whp / 202 wtq on the first pull.

Retuned it with the SAFC and it put down 222 whp / 206 wtq

89 Skyline GTS-t
Mods: Intake, exhaust, ported turbo inlet, FMIC

Running 11.5 psi and slowly drops to around 9.5 at higher RPMs.

Next step is installing some slim fans because my intercooler piping hits my fan blade and it sounds horrific, a new O2 housing and a healthy shot of spray!

:lol:

Rb20 intercooler piping always hits the fan blades … its quite comedy actually … make a bracket if it doesnt already have

222HP isnt bad…I always expect more from Skylines…GTS-T or not…but good on you to try and make it faster than stock.

I hate seeing Honda’s beat GTS-T’s. It’s my Skyline pride haha :rolleyes:

Yea i guess stock gts-t’s are only 215 HP and i think that is fly wheel

That is correct they are around 199 at the wheels on a good motor ex: mine before my episode of drama.

Matt those are really good numbers are you still upgrading the turbo? Also what are you running for your air/fuel ratio?

AFR was 12:1 and creeped back up to 12.5 at higher RPM.

Still upgrading the turbo. 8)

what about timing?

If you picked up 10 hp from tuning an afc alone, if you had emanage or something that can tune igntion timing you could probably make 240whp at the same boost.

power fc ftw

Yeah my boss said if I can find a PFC for around 600 dollars, he would buy it for me. He was pissed off the car wasn’t making more power and wanted to blow the engine so we could do a 25 head 30 bottom end combo.

WOW who’s your boss?? Hook me up with a job! :thumb

Martin at AFI Performance

run boost higher… 11.5 is pussy boost…at least run 1.0bar u’ll see big gains when 3-4 psi is added…and i believe they are of the T3 family so u will be safe at those levels…

Too bad they are ceramic wheeled and go boom at that much boost. Id say 12 is max boost u want to run on stock rb20 turbo. Unless you like risking shooting ceramic turbo blade into your motor. I blew up an rb25 turbo with fmic, and turbo back 3 inch at only 13 psi. That turbo only had 30 000 km on it too…

I guess i pushed it a few times.
I haave rb20 turbo on my kat and i’ve seen it at 15psi 2-3 times in scramle boost mode… Well 15psi on the gage.So must be similar to whats in the plumbing.
If you blow it up i don’t think you need to worrie much about the ceramic wheel damaging the motor ,It should come flying out of your exhaust not otherway around. Or am i missing something? The compressor blade is metal, just the turbine is ceramic isn’t it?

Afi performance where is that at?
But yah nissan is always pretty conservative with timing, so few more psi and some more timing u should hit 250’s.

The address is 8216 43rd Street

New numbers with my 50 shot of nitrous and 800 PSI bottle pressure:

277 WHP / 300 WTQ

EDIT

Hm, why was that post edited?

Unknown, but knowing Kent, I’m sure it wasn’t blessings. What an asshole eh? :butthead:

EDIT