Dynolicious

So I got an iPod Touch last week and tonight I was looking at apps and decided to download the Dynolicious app.

It’s a badass app that measures WHP or BHP, acceleration times, acceleration, braking and cornering G’s all through the iPhone or iPod Touch (iTouch).

http://www.dynolicious.com/graph3.png

http://www.dynolicious.com/skidpad3.png

http://www.dynolicious.com/results3.png

On the way home from work, I tried it out merging onto the highway. It’s going to be a little off because my truck is automatic so it was rolling slightly when I hit the gas, but whatever.

With my trucks weight inputed and 20% drivetrain loss (it’s AWD, is this right? lol) I did a 0-145kmh pull merging onto the highway.

This is the only pull I did tonight and was my first, so it might be wrong. I’ll do it again many times with both my cars, don’t worry!

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9
Stock
5500lbs
20% drivetrain loss

0-50kmh : 2.61seconds
0-100kmh : 7.3 seconds
60’ : 2.44 seconds @ 45.2kmh
1/4 mile : 15.26 seconds @ 139kmh
Max acceleration G’s : 0.83
Peak Crank Horsepower : 301 (weird because my truck is like 250 stock, lol)

Anyways, I’ll keep trying to see what happens. I had it jammed into my cup holder, I doubt it moved, but it might have.

By the way, DAMN I LOVE THIS TRUCK. lol It’s fucking fast for something that weighs 5500lbs!!! I can’t wait to open up the intake and exhaust so you can actually hear it when I romp on the gas.

where did you find this?
ive had my touch for over a year and havent added any cool apps yet

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, how do you connect it?,

you dont

it sits still in the car and uses a built acceloromoeter to calculate

i need an itunes fucking account to buy it tho, and i cant register one because it doesnt give an option for canadian address/credit cards

where can i get it???

haha i thought i was the only one that havve this app on son.

it shows more hp than actual because you put in too much weight

curb weight of a 5.9 Limited is ~4200lbs

remember to add in your weight, too

anyone know where i can download this?

itunes wont let me register since its preset to u.s. only (i bought my touch in florida)

i downloaded this off my iphone. I had to register an account with itune first in order to download anything for my phone.

I bought my iTouch in the main Apple store in Montreal so I could get a Canadian iTunes account.

What you can try to do is make the account online then access it from the iTouch/iPhone.

As for the weight, my registration says 2495kg (5500lbs) and Motor Trend says 5500 lbs…sooo…I dunno, lol

As for horsepower, I put in 20% drivetrain loss so 300 bhp makes 240whp, I guess that could be possible…anyways, it wasn’t a very scientific test.

These guys did a scientific test:

Here it is in action:

nm, gunna use a friends cdn account

oH NOeS…I be out of a job soon… hahah

That program looks fucking awesome.

5500lbs is the GVWR - gross vehicle weight rating

GVWR the max allowable weight of the car and passengers + cargo combined

the curb weight is 4200

I know this is a pretty noob question but anyone know what the curb weight is for the 240sx coupe? I don’t know the exact number on top of my head

no idea but around 2750 lbs maybe?

Ah, touche.

It’s weird, my registration for the Jeep says 5500lbs when it’s actually 4320lbs and my registration for my S13 says 2220lbs when it;s actually 2730. lol

By the way, the curb weight for an S13 coupe is 2699lbs.

theres no single curb weight for s13’s

depends on equipment, options, body style :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, hatch is 2730 and coupe is 2699, this is most likely without any options.

Just weigh your car at a MTO weigh station? I know it’s off by +/- 10KG however that’s close enough.

awesome.