E-brake adjustment (brakes dragging)

i can pull my e-brake all the way up. if i dont it will roll on an incline. do i need to adjust the cable itself or can i just adjust the handle to engage the brake sooner?

Never done it on my 240 or any 240 but on Maxima’s and Sentra’s I believe they were, you have to remove or lift up the rubber that the e-brake is sticking out of and then there will be a 10 Milli Bolt. Get an Extention and a ratchet and tighten that bolt up to tighten the E-brake Cable.

Hope that helps buddy!

Ya its the same on the 240 but shitty thing is you can only go so far.

check your e-brakeline where it joins the rear two, if it’s fraid and you tighten it, it will snap.

ok i didnt touch the cable yet but i took the car for a drive to check out the rear brakes. i pulled in the driveway and the rear brakes were very hot. seems my brakes are dragging again. they are brand new calipers and pads so the caliper is not seized. how can i fix this?

Are you positive the slider bolts can move freely? Them freezing is pretty common

how do i check that the sliders are working properly?

how do i check that the sliders are working properly?[/quote]

remove the caliper bolts, the slider pins are located on the torque member (caliper holding bracket). the pins have a little rubber boot around them, and should slide right out with ease. If they don’t come out, take off the rubber boots and take a close look at the pins. If there is corrision, they are seized, and you need to located a new torque member.

Mine were recently seized (both rears) and it was a bitch to find a new one since it is NOT an aftermarket part. Nissan said i have to buy whole new calipers, even though mine were fine. I located scraped s13’s in the yard and used those ones, but if you bought new calipers, then you should have got new torque members in the kit (if they were purchased at nissan).

make sure your pins are fine, i snapped 2 rotors, and ruined a set of pads cause they were siezed. Lube them up with silicone grease just in case.

EDIT - the e-brake procedure mentioned above is correct, but i wouldn’t tighten it if your rotors are rubbing. Make sure to turn your wheels in the proper direction when parking on an incline.

Mine were siezed.

I drove my van onto the caliper to hold it, then I put a monkey wrench on the bolt and used a BFP to twist it free. It acutally worked!

thx for the info guys. im gonna get to this on the weekend along with my first clutch install. fun fun!

When in doubt…force it out

yea i tried to force a seized bolt (caliper bolt) out… then i ripped the head off… … … … ughhht hat was a nasty mistake… …