240sx ebrake

Quick question. Forgive me if it’s dumb. Stock 240sx ebrake. Is it strong enough to lock up the wheels while the car is in motion? Or are my brakes just shitty. I just got brand new oem rotors and pads. Just wondering. Tried today in the rain and those bitches just didn’t lock up at all…

P.S…I’ve noticed some SON guys like to bag on people who don’t know as much as them. Plain and simply…if you aint got nuttin good to say that’ll actually help me don’t bother postin on this thread…don’t waste my time or yours. Your negativity isn’t needed,peace out.
Thanks to anyone who helps.

the e brake on any car should be enough to lock it up!
Could need some adjustment so try that first. I’ve never done it on a 240 but on most cars the ebrake adjustment can be done at the boot of the ebrake handle, and underneath the car somewhere between the individual lines and the main/ handle line. Just make sure that each side is even if you are looking to be braking in motion (or else it’ll lean to a side).

hope that helps!

Thanks bruh. I was thinking the same thing. I was gonna adjust it tomorrow to see if that works. Just asking to see if there is anything I don’t kno about. Thanks for the help man :slight_smile:

10mm deep socket or 8mm cant remember…

you may have to hammer the rear calipers while someone pulling and releasing the handle to work the self adjuster in the caliper

That would only be if the ebrake was seized though right? My ebrake worsk…when I park on hills i oull that shit up and the car stays put.

i hope u still put it in gear…

we rebuilt the rear brakes on my friend’s 92 240 brand new calipers line everything a lil costy but he had the cash and didn’t want to do an r32 or 300zx upgrade and it fully locked on dry pavement with some 225’s in the back, I changed my pads and calipers only with mildly adjusted cables and they lock up when wet only but like most cars u can’t pull it up slowly you gotta yank on it hard