e-test question

Hey i just recently got my SR20det install as in like 2 weeks ago and i just found out i got the car alomost a year ago witch sucks cuz that means its e-test time just wondering if anyone has any tricks that would help it pass easier or if u know shops that would go easy on it lol

thanx

I’d recommend two things assuming your car is tuned up: ensure your cat is good or buy a new one (and warmed up at test time), and use Canadian Tire’s “Sure Pass” stuff.

Good luck.

make sure they test the SR as a hotrod as well and odds of passing will be greater

aite thanx alot

what they said^^

-sure pass, I ran it at 2X recommended strength
-hot rod, tell the guy you have a 2.0L engine thats not factory original
-have a good Catalytic converter.

what worked for me was a 1" tailpipe, they couldn’t get the probe deep enough into the muffler, and the test was comprimised, they used a rag to hold the probe at idle, and at throttle I held the probe, hehe

hey i took my e-test today and failed, i failed the HC ppm at idle with a limit of 300 i ran an 846 but passed that on the 40 km/h test and i also failed the NO ppm test at 40km/h with a limit of 3353 i ran a 5211. so im thinkin i need the SR O2 sensor and mayb find sum VAC leaks n e 1 else know of n e thing i should check b4 the next test

If this was a car at my shop,

• 1 - The is the spark plugs - how is the burn (black, tan, white, etc), and insure that their the right heat setting ( for HC - failure)

• 2 - Make sure your radiator is free from debris and not plugged - not allowing the air to cool the vehicle down

• 3 - I have yet to see and engine from Japan that was not carboned up - go to you local mechanical garage and have the vehicle MOTORVAC, ya I know its like an 150 bucks, but anythiing else will not work (for KNOX - failure)

Having said all this, please keep in mind that Im taking your info - to help you. I have not seen the vehicle, and I assume that the swap was done properly and the motor runs (and all the wiring) was done, like it should be, if this vehicle came from the factory with an SR.

yes i agree with s13_2bar about the plugged up radiator… when i first got my sr e-tested i failed the NO ppm, the etester said that my engine was running too hot. I found a kink in the rad hose going to the heater core, and replaced my stock ka rad with a koyo. When I went back for a retest my NO ppm went from 3490 to 99!!! you could also try retarding your timing. As for the HC ppm, im not sure about that one… do you have your charcoal canister hooked up??? that could help.

good luck

thanx for all the help guys yeah the idiots who attempted the sr swap in my town put in the wrong rad so lower hose went to the upper and so on and also i forgot to tell the guy bout the rad fan switch so im thinkin he didnt turn it on and it got real hot and my O2 sensor is doin nothing so i gotta get ahold of an SR O2 thanx for all the help guys i’ll keep u posted how the next e-test goes lol