SR e-test

Ok time to start worrieing.
I know many of u have gotten past the E-test dealie with an SR…
how did u do it… and will it pass with no Air injection?

Thanks

most ppl that bought sr’s that i kept in touch with seemed to pass with no problems as long as they had a good cat converter and a working o2 sensor. My sr passed much cleaner then my ka did and i had many mods done, and a 150,000km on my cat.
So, you should not have any troubles !!!

Mine passed just yesterday. It was unbelievebly clean, but it may have been a combination of things.

I have a magnaflow super 40(3"), the probe wouldn’t fit deep enough into the muffler, had to get a 4"pipe and fit it over the exh. tip and insert the probe in there. I also ran 1 bottle of “guaranteed to pass”, Ultra 94. Also new (5000km) walker (3") high flow cat.

all my readings were 25% upper limit, except CO = 0, yes zero, dillution 7.6 of 11.

Oil Changers on vicotria st. Kitchener. James likes 240’s

I know a gentlemen who will do e-test on them in kitchener and says the pass no problem…

he also told me if you goto Nissan and get proof that the SR20 is a factory motor, just never sold in North American… he can then do a different type of e-test which is not standard and says they always pass… “which he say is usally done on jdm honda motors”

R K Auto Sales… Off Courtland Ave near the expressway

Well i havent heard this one yet but its sure worth looking into, maybe ill give Rick at Nissan a call to se if there is any truth to this

[quote=“Doba”]

Well i havent heard this one yet but its sure worth looking into, maybe ill give Rick at Nissan a call to se if there is any truth to this[/quote]

Please do so… will save me having to do it myself incase there is no truth to it… “though this gentlemen said he has got the papers etc… from honda” so he figured nissan should be the same.

but let me know please

thanks

Jeff

with an EGR system still in tact you should have no problem passing the e test

no one here has an egr in place… most ppl still pass without it…u dont even need an egr…sr20’s emit farrr less then ka24’s…thats why the mileage is sooo much better on them when they are installed properly…

yeah, Jedi touched on something too. Mine was tested as a “hot-rod” cause the engine isn’t the stock one.

My car has no: EGR, AIV, or carbon canister

if your worried about getting shillacked by teh e test just get a crooked one then your set.

Then he’s gonna need all the BS about matching gear/speed/rpms so that they can do one for him. Get a good quality cat, save the environment and pass legaly :thumleft:

they only need that if hes done a auto to manual conversion

huh, auto-manual conv. Mine fits this descrip. no real special proceedure I noticed,

mine passed only after in put the air injection back on, which isnt a big deal…

mike

OK so I contacted Rick at Brantford Nissan and let him know of the situation here is what he wrote back to me :

I have checked the Drive Clean SOP (standard operating
procedures) manual. It states that the vehicle in question should be tested
as a hotrod. It will have to meet the emission standards for the year 1980
( yes its a separate test). The SOP states that it’s up to the owner to
provide proof that the engine is not the original. In most cases it will be
obvious (V8 in a Honda) but for the SR20DET (hopefully you’re referring to
the turbo), I know it’s not a Canadian motor but some other test facility
might require more info. A dealer should be able to supply a letter to that
effect but that’s up to the store management.

Hope this helps. Rick

So it seems as someone already stated that we can get it done as a “hotrod” im not sure if the e-testing in this category are any more lenient but its worth the investigation…BUT then again from what everyone posted its not a problem to just get it tested as is !!

mine was tested as a hot rod and i used my SAFC to lean it out a TON…

i was still TEN TIMES over the limit for some of the numbers.

had a brand new cat as well.

get it hot.

honestly i think thats the easiest way, just getting it hot !!

for me, id have to put a cat on meaning chopping up my exhaust, buying a cat, ect. its easier just to pay up and get it HOT !!

Just wondering if it is in the best interest of son advertising the whole hot etest sitch?

Bryce

shut up bryce

:smiley:

wtf is a hot e-test???