E36 M3 fuel injector help

I just had the head gasket replaced and engine timed. The misfire problem did not go away. The engine has spark, all of the coils work, but the fuel injectors randomly cut out (no pulse). Another issue is that the cylinder will have a working injector and coil, but the plug isn’t firing. This is also random from cylinder to cylinder. It will work fine, then I’ll unplug the coil and it won’t function when plugged back in. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I don’t want to buy another DME and have that not be the issue.

Cam or crank sensor bad?

Just replaced the cam sensor yesterday.

I doubt it’s the DME highly. try cam position sensor?

also, are all of your coil pack boots crack-free? coil packs too?

can you repeat the issue reliably?

any CEL’s?

Did you read the codes with a real BMW fault reader like everyone and their mother suggested 2 months ago? Did you ever verify by wire color that all your plugs are hooked up correctly after doing the head swap (twice, I know, but the second time they would’ve just put them where they were)?

Or we can continue circle jerk forum replace parts diagnosis game.

I had the codes read at a local garage about a month ago. The problem ended up being oil in the intake. The CCV valve failed. I replaced it with a new one, which also failed. They were injecting oil straight into the intake manifold. I bypassed the system with a catch can, which solved the misfire issue. The fuel injectors cut out due to the lean condition. The headgasket was also bad, which was my mistake. I replaced that and the compression jumped about 130-140 psi across. The car runs good now, but I would still like to know what caused 2 CCV’s to fail. I would like to put the CCV back in because the idle is not 100% perfect. All of the parts I replaced need to be replaced anyhow. The engine has 137K on it and most of the wires and sensors were dry rotted. As for now its ///M Fixed.

I have no idea how on earth you are having so many problems lol. I’m using my 1995 OBD1 harness on an S52, both of which have seen at least three chassis at this point, and have not had a single issue :rofl

you’re fucked

with the wiring harness I meant. :rofl

I don’t either…lol At least I’ll know what’s actually done to the car now. It still need a lot of TLC, but mechanically it should be sound. Once I get everything fixed, mostly wiring problems in the bay, I’m going to get a new hood, some fresh paint on it, and bring it back to its original glory.