Missfire problem

This is a continuation from my other thread,

Ok so i just installed my splitfire coils and the car now runs. Problem is im still missfiring in Cyl #4. So right now the engine is knocking.
Ive ruled out these possible problems
-Coils
-plugs

Now i might think its the injectors and one is just staying open.
Any suggestions of what i can do would be gravy right now

Thanks

un-plug injector. see if any difference occurs. then go from there

don;t leave it un-plugged for to long.

no spark = okay
no fuel = kaboom

hypothetically speaking of course

Missfire is normally caused by coils or plugs.
Make sure your plugs are gapped properly.
Try changing heat range, and try getting some OEM sr coils that you know work. Reason I say this, is because splitfire coils are known to sometimes cause more issues than solve one.

Try that and see how it goes.

what would unplugging a injector do? only thing i can think of is lean out the cylinder to see if the injector is over flowing. I guess ill try this to see if it makes a difference. i hope this is what it is

ok so i unplugged my injectors, and yes when i unplugged number 4 nothing happened the rest there was a dramatic difference. I also went to a garage and he told me it could have been my ecu when the original detonation accured. I dont know if i should spend more money on a maybe issue or just get the motor swapped?

compression test. get ALL the injectors flow tested. leak down test. be sure you have spark.

check your injector o-ring. My brothers Supra was missfiring because of a missing o-ring between an injector and the manifold.

^^^
which would create a vacuum leak which = high idle

my idle is still at 700rpm. Does anyone live in the montreal region so i can test my ecu and see if thats the problem?

honestly i don’t think it would be you ecm. just my opinion

i dont knwo its wierd. Because when this problem originated what happened was i was driving in third going on the highway and i pretty much went up to 6000rpm and massive missfire happened and then after that my car was limping so maybe it sent a surge to my ecu and blew a resistor. This happened to my buddy in his gtr so maybe its possible it happened to me. Unfortunitely to find out i need to buy new injectors

injectors for stock srs are cheap…
i woudl check gaskets all around your turbo and exhaust manifold area also…

Can you get me some injectors? stock ones ofcoarse

alright so i know my problem and its what i feared. I have low compression in cylinder # 4, I plan on doing a swap next week. Other then that what i can cause low compression so maybe its cheaper to fix the problem.

Wait…so you had missfireing while in boost and you’ve found out you have low compression?

Oh god…

well i was having missfire under boost then one day the car just started running on 3 cylinders and the # 4 cylinder was knocking so i changed my coils and plugs that did nothing, So i bought another injector thinking that was the problem but i did a compression test and there was no compression what so ever

ah, i need to do a test…gulp

your having missfire problems?

yea but at like 5grand…on an rb20…and my symptons all point to coilpacks so im not tooooo worried lol

how heavy is your missfire, meaning is it small hesitation or is it serious it shakes the car when it happens?