e36 m3 vs e46 330 vs Audi Allroad. Gaah!

I think a A3 is still 15K more expensive than he is looking to spend.

^truth.

we’re looking to get a diesel touareg or x5 to replace the f250diesel (not for sale) so I have a limited budget. Comfy tow rig would be nice, regular cab f250 is no bueno for all the long hauls we do

When I can ball out I’ll be getting a 335d with sport pkg and DCT, but not for a while. Though I do like the a3 a lot, dan’s looked good.

I have a couple e36m3’s and 330i manuals bookmarked…

A3’s:

2.0 tfsi didn’t come out until when, '09?
the 3.2 looks cool, saw a few 06’s…

The dual clutch transmission is what I’m really after

2.0T FSI came out here in '06

Not sure what your price range is but ive seen a3’s for 10-15k. Lots with warranty left. Check out Audizine or the vortex

they are only like 148hp, and the 2.0 tfsi is 260hp or something?

a3’s are out of my league now anyway just looking at cool

All the 2.0T’s are 200hp. Unless it’s in a golf R. A3’s also came with a 3.2 which Is the same as the R32 at 250hp.

Add AWD and almost 1,000 lbs, it hurts the MPGs

I was guessing the budget was 8-15k which can get an A3 / mk5 gti…

Yeah, I saw a pretty clean 3.2 A3 with 80K in NoVa for around 15 online last week.

Second vote in support of a DSG. Greatest transmission evar.

#1: Allroad
#2: E46
#3: E36

Big cities and snow make you want awd auto?How boring would the other 350 days of the year be!
. I drove to midtown manhattan every weekend in the snow last year with 5sp rwd e46, no probs. DSC (when on) makes it almost impossible to screw up in the snow. I avg 33mpg on highway…330 prob gets high20s…
Also, based on your original list/concerns, most e46 sedan don’t have fold down seats for no reason as well. Mine has sport/cold weather/premium packages (I don’t think there’s any other options) and I don’t even have a small ski pass through behind the armrest.

hmm Mine has the sport/cold/premium packages too and my seats fold down + the ski bag thing…

does yours have the HK stereo? and what Mtech kit is it

looks like I’m leaning towards an e36 m3 5 speed sedan

but would also like to add e34 and e28 m5’s as well. Blown motors ok (couple spare s38’s around).

e28 m5 is awesome… but you need to be hardcore for this to be your daily.

yeah, that’s been a consideration of mine. We have an e28 535is at the shop, seems a bit too much

checking out a couple cars on thursday, both m cars but not a 3…