E85 available from NYS Thruway authority?

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:20,topic:29843"”]

and for saving 286 for the year, you got to run a whole load more boost, which maybe you couldnt have done without new pistons, or without killing a shitload of timing, or something else of the sort

so in some cases, save $300 in gas, save another 200, 500, 1000 in engine mods to get extra power

i like the idea of e85, even if the hype is all bullshit

examples of bullshit hype:

cnbc reported today that e85 can give 50% more mileage , apparently because it burns hotter. and then you can run a smaller gas tank to get the same distance out of a vehical, which saves weight and gives even more milage

they said this all in reference to indy cars, and everything they either said is crap, or indy car specific

[/quote]

well nick there may be some truth to that. you have to keep in mind that to effeciently take advantage of E85 you have to have really high compression. 14:1 wouldent be out of reach with E85 and that is to make it effecient. I plan on doing the conversion to the SHO soon. all I have to do is run new fuel lines and a different pump.

http://www.e85fuel.com/news/052207_ny_station_release.htm

guess i’m going into business soon.

[quote=“somedude,post:21,topic:29843"”]

well nick there may be some truth to that.

[/quote]

but as a story about e85 and its benifits as a replacement for gasoline, its a load of crap, because stret cars dont run 14:1 compression, or have any of the tech that goes into an indy engine

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:23,topic:29843"”]

but as a story about e85 and its benifits as a replacement for gasoline, its a load of crap, because stret cars dont run 14:1 compression, or have any of the tech that goes into an indy engine

[/quote]

if a engine was specificaly designed for e85 from the factory it would be high compression.

from “is this for sale at this particular location” to “well you really arent saving that much”

:clap:

i could give two fucks about the cost or how much extra it burns or what real savings i’d accomplish…i simply want the ability to use 105 octane from a pump at a reasonable price so i dont have to live at mikes shop again and/or buy my own drum of C16 to drive my car for what life it may see this summer