Ease off the gas pedal this week fellas...

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/troopers-out-in-full-force-across-nys

New York State Troopers will be out in full-force across the state this week to catch speeding motorists. State police says more authorities will be out on major highways in a larger than usual number of unmarked vehicles.
The push that started this weekend will continue through Saturday.

The old “albany money grab”. easiest trick in the book. Solid use of taxpayer money and police time :tup:

I guess I will keep the fun cars in the garage for most of the week…

Did Cuomo repeal Pataki’s executive order about the State Police not being allowed to use unmarked vehicles for routine traffic stops? I noticed an unmarked State Police Tahoe running laser near the Williams St exit Saturday and he didn’t see any marked cars around making the stops.

And this is different how?

I see unmarked cars/SUV’s on the 90 by William and Walden almost daily now in my ventures up that way. I’m pretty sure they are pulling these cars over themselves.

It must be nice to just take money from people when business is slow. lol

I would gladly pay $1000/year to speed. Wouldn’t that just be easier than all of this bullshit they put you through now to get your money?

Prick…

I bet I drove my car more recently than you!

lol :clap:

V1 > pigs

This ended years ago as soon as Como took over. He repealed a ton of Pataki’s orders. NY has really no restrictions for using unmarked cars other than when the lights are activated, it must be clear it is a police car.

You do have the right to request a marked car for safety when being stopped.

i always thought there should be a tiered license privilege structure similar to CDL weight limits. take some classes a few additional exams, maybe even a driving test every few years and you are allowed to exceed the speed limits on certain types of roads by some set amount. all the stipulations regarding driving for the conditions and everything would still apply so you couldn’t be doing 90mph in whiteout conditions with the rest of traffic at a standstill…but on the open road with light traffic, who cares if you go 80mph in a 65mph on a divided highway on a clear day… cops do it all the time.

I saw a blacked out unmarked Tahoe with a stick figure family sticker on the back window, pulling someone over by the LA tolls last month. Not like the black steel wheels made it look like a cop car or anything.

I would just be happy with people who have no day job not being allowed on the road from 730am-830am and 430pm-530pm

unfortunately thinking of your safety ensures you have zero chance of getting just a warning for that…

like they’d give you a warning without a nice set of funbags.

they are putting this family on all the soccormom style unmarked vehicles.

I wonder what the proper way to request this would be.