Police patrol increase?

So I’m driving back to work from a client and I’m going down 787… right before the second menands exit. There was three cops all sitting in a one mile radius. A trooper, a red suburban (unmarked, no lights or anything) shooting radar, and a menands cop.

Is this really necessary? I’m all for police, this would be a chaotic world without them, but it seems patrol’s have really went up as of lately. Is there anything going on? I rarely speed as it is.

Also state police has been using unmarked black dodge chargers for cop cars. Is there any guidelines they need to use for cop cars? I’ve never seen a Suburban used before. He was sitting in the bushes on 787.

I was always under the impression that on highways they needed to be in marked cars, I guess I’m wrong though

Unmarked charger State Po got me.

Too many big tickets. They won, I slowed down.

i saw the red suburban today past the menands exit. I saw the same suburban parked on the side of I90 last year with a dummy manican sitting in the front seat with police in the back seat shooting radar and calling forward to troopers sittin on the next exit.

I dont understand how that can be legal. I thought police had to hit you with thier radar, I.E cops couldn’t radio down and have someone pulled over…

I remember somebody posting a Times Union article about increasing police patrols and radar traps on 787 a while back.

People speed on 787 all the time so they probably saw it as a way to boost revenue.

On a side note, anyone notice the increase in colonie PD, especially on central ave? I was at the car wash the other night with a few people and I must have counted 7 or 8 cops drive by within 20 minutes or so. Probably all the rookie cops out on patrol.

The way home from LVD last night there were 3 troopers all sitting in the same U-Turn on I-90…i believe Johawk got nailed :lol

Yeah the cops are getting crazy with the unmarked cars, the other day I saw a latham cop pulling somebody over in a dark silver lincoln town car, completely unmakred looked like you every day old persons sunday church lincoln, the only lights were in the grill hidden and on the corner markers :wtf

You mean Colonie?? there’s no Latham cops :lol

Colonie has a BMW, Cadillac CTS4, Benz of some sort. :ninja snky snky

haha, i saw johawk getting pulled over!!! LOLOLOLOLOLzzZZZZZSLeppyLOLOLOL

Seitz did too… lol

I’ve been noticing the use of unmarked cars lately. The Abrookin Auto Tech garage is right next to the Albany PD. We would see cops all the time entering and exiting. They were bringing in unmarked Chargers (Black or White), Cavaliers, and Durangos. Whats weirder is that we kept seeing Taxis going in and out of their garage. Thats why I’m always cautious whenever I’m driving, I’m usually the one getting passed.lol

Yeah, we got pulled over for a headlight and doing 53 in a 55. ;D
Straight Super Troopers status right there.
Tried to say we were speeding in a work zone, but bitch didn’t even flip on her radar until we were slowed down to 42 in the work zone.
And why was no ticket written for that one? Oh, cause she knew she was wrong. :tong

Tough financial times for fed/state/local gov’t so this is not surprising.

Say whaaaat? Pics or ban!

I remember seeing an unmarked Cutlass Ciera in Saratoga several years ago.

i’ve seen an unmarked red late 90’s durango in schenect before, and unmarked explorer these mofo’s drive anything these days

seen mad cops on vly … suvs and under covered… got me last week .

no one believes me, but i saw what i thought to be a white A6 with strobes/grill/window lights… had someone pulled over on 87 north, between exit 2 and 4. No idea if it was state/colonie/sherrif or what… but i swear it was an audi.