EB/Gamestop pre-ordering PS3 tommarow!

get in line if you want but Tommarow EB and gamestop will be taking pre-orders for the PS3. So when EB games opens 10/10/06 PS3’s can and will be pre-ordered!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

1. There’s no ‘A’ in TOMORROW.

2. Paying $250 for a Wii > paying $600 for a PS3

I’ll get a PS3 eventually. Probably around the time Metal Gear comes out or something.

I wont buy one to use it…I’ll buy one to bank on it, selling it at 2x the price. I will then go an finally pick up a 360 with plenty of games and goodies!

ooohh

sweet

Then pre-ordering with a PS3 with the next to non-existant supply I can’t see how it would be horribly useful. Regardless I’m trying to save up so I can put it on eBay.

I went to the gamestop at the blvd mall and I was number 16 out of 16 in line for the preorder, it cost me 100 to pre order it and 5 to preorder a game with it. The guy said he was also getting calls from other gamestops saying they had lines as well waiting for them to open.

damn missed this thread

Guess I’ll just have to wait until 2nd shipment

wow they fucking blow.I bet they knew when they were going to do this shit but just didnt tell anyone.

I thought it wasn’t happening until tomorrow?

he meant today…1 am apparently doesn’t count as “the day of”

Aww shit I didn’t even look at the time, I just saw the date. FucK!!

Its says 10/10/06 right in his post

Joe… you’ll probably be waiting until '07. EBs/GameStops were taking 16 orders per store, but the general consensus is that they won’t get anywhere near that number for first shipment. As we discussed last night, they’ll be lucky to get 3 or 4 per store.

I’m personally waiting until GT5 hits (maybe GT HD depending).

GT HD looks hot as hell

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/264/928379_20060922_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/264/928379_20060922_screen001.jpg

Don’t remind me. The last thing I need is an excuse to spend more money :stuck_out_tongue:

+1. Might look into picking up an Xbox 360 for Forza 2 to hold me over.

different gamestops were only preordering certain amounts I think it was 8 12 16 depending on how active their store is. They waited this long to preorder for a reason, to see how many they would actually be getting.

" By way of comparison, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 launch units last November for North America totalled about 358,000 units while Sony expects that its PlayStation 3 will have 400,000 launch units allocated for the United States and Canada on November 17." IGN

Don’t me to sound like a prick (wait… maybe I do). I used to manage the EB over on Transit and I still talk with a few managers of the old EB locations. They will NOT be able to fill all the preorders taken today at launch. The other fun nugget of info I got was this: Despite the fact that you might have ordered the premium system, they cannot guarantee that they will have those systems.

Its quite common to presell more system than they will get. This ensures that if someone doesn’t pick their system up within 24-48 hours after launch, they’ll have a list of people foaming at the mouth to get one.