Ebay Motors

Who has bought & sold on ebay motors?

i have, have always had things go smoothly, though i dont think i have ever spend more than like $100 on it

i had a kid make a big bid on my integra and then email me crying it was an accident and i was stupid enough to remove his bid - and it never sold = lame

i have bought parts…there is one store i will never buy from again which is Bestsuspension/WorldSuspension

i have bought…

we all know how well that went

I bought my Mustang on ebay. I am happy.

I got screwed over selling a car. If someone bids and screws you they go after them for the money. It is like $40 to list it and $40 if the car sells. Def a good idea especially if you own a Subaru, or so I hear.

The 1LE was an ebay car, although I drove to Boston to check it out before I bought it.

Ebay is really a crap shoot. I’ve had great transactions and horrible ones.

don’t think you can generalize eBay. That’s like saying… don’t buy eBay parts for your car. eBay is not a distributer or manufacturer (i know you know this). They are just medium for connecting buyers/sellers.

It really depends on the seller more than anything and not related to eBay at all.

#1 thing would be to check feedback.

i bought a 91 explorer from ebay… was junk, but just for a winter beater for a couple years… price like $ 850, lasted 2-3 years so it did the job.

also bought my 99 durango from a dealer in ohio without checking it out beforehand… brought cash and checked it out briefly before paying, but with a 99.8% positive feedback and over 400 transactions i wasn’t TOO worried. no problems from that one.

if a seller has only an 80-90% positive rating… then i would completely avoid it.

Ive never had a problem with ebay. Ive bought a few shit from there,.
Im thinking about bidding for a truck. Some guy/dealer in ohio.

I bought my camaro off ebay

You are an asshole, take the killer avatar and sig off, totally throws my mind off the thread, I have only got screwed once of 200 bucks but i was like 16 and dumb. But other than that if you like the wait for things its a good place to get things

i’ve had good and bad experiences, its hit or miss

:word: check people’s feedback. if its not close to perfect then stay away. i just sold my bike on there and made some noice coin on it, i didnt think it would go as high as it did.

every vehicle I have put on ebay sold. they love ryced out hondas

just becareful, atleast with bikes, alot of ppl run scams. I was looking at a few bikes on there. guys were suppose to be close to buffalo, I ask them if I could come see the bike and they are like its in california, but they are posing from a NY location. WTF
I have also heard of deadbeat bidders bidding on cars then not paying and you are stuck paying ebay ebays for something that didnt sell. I have also heard of the seller somehow going after these ppl and making them pay thru some legal ordeal. do your research thats for sure

i’ve bought parts from Ebay stores…then I also had a guy try to screw me on my last purchase…so I’ll never buy anything at least again from Ebay unless it’s a store with like 20,000 sales and 99%+ rating. Not worth worrying if you’re gonna get fucked or not, at least in my opinion.

i use ebay pad pay with paypal… its like double insurence because with paypal the money is linked to that persone bank account

i used to sell new and used cars on ebay for my old job

did it for about 2.5 years