ebc green pads

its actually a going trend in my family except for my moms escape we have all needed brakes around 15 to 20k

start coasting before u come to a stop…or down shift or …something…theres no reason for this to happen unless u are constantly accelerating then braking hard to every stop all day long

or they live in a very hilly area… or there are always deer running out in front of them.

or they drive like the wife… and brake for bugs, slight breeze… and when she has an idea

nah,

Porterfield R4 or Carbotech XP10/XP9 > *

pssssssssssss i dont need driving lessons or a lecture on how to drive my cars. i have driven 16 thousand in nine months i do alot of driving not much on thruway either. shit happends i could care less if i have to do brakes. i also need 2 rear tires if u must know

I’ve heard bad and good about them… I went with Hawk pads recently, myself

I have heard good things about HAWK pads. I think Ultimates are ideal for daily driving with some autox. The difference was amazing over my stock pads on the wrx.

I am going to say when you are talking about a street pad, and price comes into play… Axxis Ultimates win.

but if you must get into a pissing match, I’ll go ahead and one-up you.

Ferodo DS3000

According to Ferodo website thoose pads are good for a co-efficient of friction (0.62) and 1382 * F (750 *C).
http://www.ferodo.co.uk/ferodo_home/motorsports.html#DS3000

Carbotech XP10 are also good for " well above 0.6 " and 1600 * F.
http://www.carbotecheng.com/prod-ct-compounds.htm

Seems like your “one-upmanship” left you 218 * F short of what I initially listed. Of course this is going by their websites without independent testing. Additionally Ferodos are cheaper than Carbotechs and Porterfields, so no l33t points for you there either.

I have EBC greens on the poopra, there not that bad… I changed because my stock pads would cover my wheels in dust if I went around the block. EBCs dont dust at all really, pretty sweet if you try to keep your wheels clean. They stop just as good as stock pads, but I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them though through others. I know its kinda ghey to change your pads because they dust alot, but it was a pain when I just washed the car everything else was clean except the wheels cause I used the brakes after washing it.

out of all people i would expect that you would not be a magazine racer… :stuck_out_tongue:

There are several variations of the DS3000 out there, the ones in particular I am speaking of come from Prodrive and are used on the WRC / Group-N cars and cost over 300 dollars a set. I doubt the numbers are released, as most are being used on IRL/CART cars, WRC Cars, etc.

I know some of the race versions available from ferodo are .68 at “any temperature”.

Thats all i used was ebc green pads never had a problem yet and i drive my eclipse everyday so i dunno…