EBC rotors and pads?

Im in the market for new rotors and pads for the caddy. Was thinking of the EBC Ultimax rotors and redstuff pads. But if anyone else has any other suggestions im all ears!

Can anyone else make suggestions? I want a really good brake setup and im willing to spend around $800 or so if needed. What I have on there now is actually not that great and stopping from 100+ gets a little sketchy (and whatever pads I have cover the damn car in dust in a day of normal driving)

Also looking for a new set of rear tires. I have Continental extreme contacts on it right now. Thinking of either replacing those or bridgestone pole position, dunlop sport maxx or bf goodrich sport comp 2. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

Performance Friction Z-rated pads.
OEM rotors.

I have no experience with putting them on a Caddy but I am running StopTech Street Performance Pads pads on my Eclipse and I really like them. They are almost as good as the Porterfield R4-S pads I use to use but don’t eat rotors as much.

I used EBC Greenstuffs on my last GTI. They were VERY good IMO.

I was told at the time that the redstuffs compound might take a little too long to heat up for street use. Whatever that’s worth.

Totally agree with Cossey, always OEM rotors.

I ran redstuff pads on my G35… Very loud pads it pissed me off till I just bought stop techs and I was very pleased.

Wouldn’t go as far as redstuff unless your doing trackdays ect. Had greenstuff on my last setup and was more than pleased. And again, unless your tracking the car slotted rotors are not necessary, but they sure do look nice :slight_smile:

Yeah, got prices on the OEM rotors today, even with my work discount still a bit pricey. The AC delco ones were a bit less, but I’ve had no experience, I’ve literally never changed the rotors on a vehicle ive owned haha. I’ll have to think about it and pull the trigger when I get back from vacation. Think new rotors/pads/tires/plugs/wires/fuel filter/ tune is in order!

Unless it’s a track car, get OEM rotors only. My Subaru had DBA rotors which weren’t bad at all, but the car saw a bit of track time. I have Perfoance Friction 2pc rotors on the M3, but I’m sure the price of those are a bit more than your OEM rotors so I wouldn’t recommend them. Stick with OEM on a street car, with just slightly better than OEM pads. You’re gonna sacrifice more and more with the higher performing pads. You drive an excellent daily street performance car, so go with either th Z-rated pads or maybe EBC greens.

EBC is garbage, there are too many stories of the pads separating from the backing plates or in my case crumbling apart. Cheapest blank rotors you can find and the PFC pads like Cossey suggested.

why blank rotors? dont slooted/drilled rotors last longer?

No. They eat pads faster and the benefits of them will never be seen on a street car, except for looking “cool”.

i assumed the fact that they run cooler would be advantageous

I’ve never seen a drilled rotor NOT crack

good to know.

you should totally get them though

Heat dissipation isn’t needed on a street car.

Thanks for the tips guys! Guy at the dealership (I deal with them every day for work) was saying the AC delco rotors were very comparable to the OEM GM rotors. Anyone have experience with that?

If you own a GM, you can never go wrong with replacing a part with AC Delco.

Yeah, the parts manager said he had ac delco’s on his GM over the OEM rotors. Fuck it, i’ll just grab em and order up the pads cossey suggested

I’d get the OEM pads too, who knows how long those other ones will last.