ECOBOOST torture tests!

would u see a MUCH bigger impact on power output on an n/a motor vs a boosted one?

yes , less air means the motor is rich . either way less o2 means shit runs all jacked up . it dont matter how air gets in .

hey, we can speculate all we want here. theres a lot more things that a normal motor goes through during 150kmi, like starting and stopping it a lot more times. but, lets wait till those motors are out and about for 10 years and get back to this thread :slight_smile: hahaha

elevation is why alot of drag tests are corrected for altitude in magazines

That motor didnt sound a boosted motor at all in the baja run. it just sounded like an n/a motor, a bit like a V8. you notice that?

like said before , these are in controllled enviroments . get em in a real world conditions and see what happens . rust , improper care and so on . that and im sure it wont be cheap to fix

agreed, John. like i was saying, theyre in a dyno cell. some salt on that motor would make a BIG change.

salt , a plow , stop and go and so on . that motor better look good after that , a motor under load and not shut off wont wear lol . the most wear happens at startup and so on

makes for a pretty neat commercial though, right?

What exactly is salt on the motor going to do other than make it a little dirty?

salt corrodes things, like lines, gaskets, plugs and other items. it makes things that seal more porous and not seal as well. small things that move get kinda clogged up and dont have the full range of motion. it cakes on and dries in places, it goes into filters and all that. it causes chemical reactions to occur that dont happen in a lab. compare the same car from ny(it being here from day 1) to a car in say cali(also from day 1) with similar driving conditions. on average you see a lot more decay, wear and rot on cars out here vs cali. same thing on that motor, shit splashes up onto it, dries and causes corrosion and all kinds of other nasty things to happen. keeping a motor inside a room doesnt expose it to any of that long term. now, these chemical reactions dont happen overnight, by FAAAR. this occurs over a decade.

I’ve never had a problem with an engine due to salt corroding anything. Body panels are another story, though.

well, maybe not the motor itself, at least on the outside. i’d say that metal is thick enough to withstand salt on it for a while, but wiring, filters, gaskets exposed to the outside elements, hoses and all that? i’d definitely say theres a lot more wear on the ones outside compared to the motor being in a lab room.

Ehh I doubt it’ll make that much of a difference. How many older cars from the salt belt do you see having problems with those items due to road salt? Not very many.

Personally, I cant say. You’re better off asking somebody like John here or people that work in chains like Midas, Firestone and such. They see a LOT more cars and how they fare in this area while doing maintenance on them. Im thinkin its more about cumulative wear over a long period of time, not peak stress/wear. Look inside a motor that’s never been opened that has actually been driven on the regular for 100 kmi. Pushing a motor real hard prolly doesnt allow as much crap to settle inside a turbo vs just kinda putterin around town over the next 10 years.

Ford should give a truck to a woodchuck to beat the piss out of for a year. A couple neutral drops, burnouts, winters worth of plowing, off roading, bouncing the underside off a few rocks, and towing/hooking chains to anything in sight would be a good test.

or simply give it to a ditzy woman like paris hilton for a week

And when Ford got it back it would have stack pipes, a gun rack, a confederate flag painted on the tailgate and Yosemite Sam mudflaps.

That cunt would wreck it in less than 3 miles.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

id buy