ECOBOOST torture tests!

Not sure where you got that from but Ford trucks cost more than Chevy and Dodge. BUT the resale is better on a Ford which is nice. The value on my '04 FX4 went UP $3500 when I sold it due to the issues with GM/Dodge going under.

Dodge is the cheapest truck available, much cheaper than GM or Ford. Chevy is next in line. They both offer incentives and you can get a Chevy for UNDER sticker easily. All of my friends that have bought new GM’s did so because an F250/350 was sticker only and you could get $2000-5000 off on a GM.

Sounds like my friend. He does just about all of that. Sadly his '04 2500HD would not take it.

Things replaced within 25k miles
-rearend TWICE
-exhaust manifolds once
-headgaskets once
-ujoints twice
-ball joints, tierods, and few other things once

Like I said above, anything over 30* temps the plow had to come off because the truck would overheat. He had it to the dealer multiple times and there was nothing they could do other than tell him to take the plow off when not using it. That’s all fine and well if you only plow your own driveway, but it was a work truck.

He has an '02 F250 now and a '99 F350 with over 100k on both and they have yet to let him down. He got also had an dually diesel GMC, I think it was an '08 and he got rid of that too.

Exactly, the manufacturers only warranty rust through on panels and that it is in these climates. I have owned cars from down south with 100k plus miles and ones locally with 1/2 the miles and there is no comparison. Anything aluminum will corrode horribly, I have seen a hole ate right through a FPDM before do to its location on the 04 up F150. It sits up under the spare tire and in other climates there are no issues. But salt especially when roads are wet goes EVERYWHERE.

When I worked at the local Subaru dealer they had a subframe corrosion issue only happening in the areas with harsh winters. Toyota had PCM issues from salt corrosion too. Google it and there are many cases of it causing issues with electrical as well.

watch it every sunday!

the real test is to put a 200 shot on it and and see how many bottles you can go through before BOOM

i think you guys are missing the point. It wasn’t to show its the most reliable truck. They wanted to show the engine was durable to handle the rigors of being in a pickup truck. Its the same truck so they feel they dont need to prove the truck but just the engine.

honda ridgeline >*

If it could tow more than 5000lbs it might be a better seller.

id like to see it in a drift vehicle, bouncin off the limiter with all of its oil pushed to one side because of the g forces

if youre a soccer mom maybe thats true

Nope… it was clinically proven to be better than all 2006 Ford F-150’s by 100%.

Ecotec > Ecoboost

You must be fucking retarded.

Do less coke.

Coca Cola + sugar ftw

fail.

my dad had a 99 F350 V10. Truck was by FAR the biggest POS and had the most problems. It was the only ford he has ever owned other then his 64 1/2, 289 2+2 fastback and now he went back to a GMC.

So somebody said Ford now has the strongest trans? I would like to see that.just like how Ford solved there problem with the 6.0 injector issues on the 6.4, they used the same injectors the duramax uses.

few articles or google 6r140

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/12/top-7-features-of-fords-6r140-six-speed-heavy-duty-transmission.html

BTW the old 5R100 was a great tranmission and will take more power than an Allison. My friend has a modded Duramax and had to build the tranny to take the power from his larger turbo running 44lbs of boost. He is at around 550rwhp/900rwtq In a stock truck it is a great tranny with little or no issues but they do not hold power any better than comparative transmissions.

http://www.hsperformance.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-dyno-results/
497/1044 at the wheels with a tune and DPF delete

Torque is crazy on these trucks. Theres something very nutty about over 1000ftlbs of tq

about time small displacement turbo motors made their way into trucks in the US.

Is that why 90% of big diesel have an Allison or a voith?

44psi Breh.