ECOTEC owners that mod, holla at me

Who sells stuff for these cars?

Is there a standalone/tuning solution? Can you rewire e-manage, SAFC, or is AEM a good option?

How do these handle boost?

Any sites I should check out?

thought i saw ZZperformance.com had some shit for Colbys…and i keep seeing Ions with wide bodys and steelys and it makes me lol

which ecotech?!?!?!?!?!

damnit boy What you up to now???

(Get over here and help me put in my transmission / I’ll be in the garage)

2.4L

and no exterior mods

i’m mostly interested in how much boost the motor can handle and what tuning works. e-manage? AEM? etc.

oh snap, I see people running megasquirt.

That’s more my idea, 70 bucks…

Good luck getting any fuel managment working unless you go stand alone. I do know that AFC’s and maf translators work ok.

Stand-alone is fine. I guess megasquirt is good?

I keep hearing megasquirt thrown around by alot of differnet car groups. I have never used it, seen it being used a few times. If you do try it out post up results. I would be interested in learning it.

Yeah this is all up in the air. I test drove a Saturn Sky yesterday and I want to find out what I can do to this beast before I do anything else.

there is no tuning out for the 2.4 ecotech?! a couple of places are currently workin on some stuff…only a few select people have boosted the 2.4 ecotech, le5, and they are running 6-8 psi…now if your talkin the ld9 2.4, nonecotech, then that can run 10-12 psi intercooled and you can run a full emange.

LE5 = saturn sky motor?

I’m so clueless it’s not even funny. I just don’t know where to look.

edited. The sky is an ECOTEC.

swap in the turbo version in the saab 9-3. :slight_smile:

or just buy the turbo sky

Don has that whole DIY problem…
and insurance would be more expensive i guess you could use as a reason

Just remember its OBDII don, and… standalone systems don’t pass OBDII inspection :wink:

yeah, I can get around that…

just trying to find out more about the car.

Word, wait for the sky redline! Thats what I’m doin

Don you best bet is to check out Soltice/Sky forums, if you havent already. My boss has a Solstice, it handles pretty fucking good, real nice cruiser.

yeaaaah. I know, but its in the air about the turbo sky, and I’d rather get the car soon. I need a car, and my a4 is real close to being done. plus, I get real good deals on GM cars. I’m not gonna wait.

ill check for the sky forums when I get back. the ones I saw were dead. they drive really nice, it just needs a lil power. :slight_smile:

thanks!