efi classes?

Has anyone taken the efi tuning classes (efi 101, efi advanced)? their site is efi101.com i just wondered if it was a class worth taking.

where are they help at>>

took the EFI101 class. Planning on taking the advanced class if they ever come back around.

its worth the money

ya the closest ones i saw on the schedule were in illinois and coneticuit. I think slowboy hosted it once.

This is something I would be interested in if it was within a few hours driving distance (ie - somewhere in Ohio, PA, MD, WV, or NY).

I received and email from Greg Banish today stating that he would be having a class this Summer (08) somewhere in Ohio or Michigan. I’ll keep you posted if interested…

that would be awesome let me know too if it happens. thanks in advance

Good to know-- keep me informed Mike, I’m definately interested.

My son Micah and I will be attending. Didn’t really want to fly, rent a car, stay in a hotel, eat out and go broke. Greg seems to be willing to work with tuners and even offered a discount in the class price and recommended some discount plane fairs if we wanted to fly to a distant location… We will probably wait until Summer.

I’ll keep you posted. If anyone else is interested please PM me or post here. The more people interested the more “motivated” Greg will be to host/schedule a class

i would be interested for sure just let me know where and when it would be.

count me in for the advanced class

i can probably get us killer discounts on hotel rooms too

extremely interested keep us posted!

How many participants would he need to do a class around here?

I’ll ask him and get back to you

Ok, this might actually be a possibility… Here’s a portion of what Greg said:

===================================================================================================================
Mike,

Sorry for the delay on your previous message, I’ve been a little busy.

My minimum class size is 8 people to ensure that I don’t have to bill anyone for my travel expenses. Usually ~12 students makes for a really good class, and I limit attendence to a maximum of about 15 students. If you can generate enough local interest, I’d be happy to host a class at your facility. Provided we hit the minimum attendance. With enough notice, I can probably generate some outside interest as well.

I have the ability to bring the class pretty much anywhere with a portable projector. We would just need enough room for some folding tables and chairs. This usually takes up the equivalent of about two work bays in most shops.

I believe the cost of the class is around $550 per person and includes class materials, lunch and refreshments. Here is his website: http://calibratedsuccess.com/

On Greg’s suggestion I will be directing him to this thread so he can monitor it and answer any questions you may have directly. There are two classes available. A beginners and an advanced. Although the beginner class may be beneath some of you that would be my first choice followed by the advanced course sometime in the future.

Here’s your chance guys, pass the word and post up if you are truly willing to make the sacrifice of two days (really 1.5 days) and $550.

I would most likely be interested in this. Keep me updated via PM if it goes through.

…and a free copy of THIS BOOK.

The “basic” class is fairly comprehensive. Take a moment to review the course description to see what topics are covered. I’ve had a lot of experienced shop owners attend this class and come away very impressed with what they got. It’s intended to make sure everyone gets their money’s worth, and the feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive. I usually have a wide variety of tuners using many different systems and they all come away happy. You might be surprised by what you can learn from someone else’s example/question. I don’t water it down just because it’s open to the public.

Thanks for the update Greg.
Besides those expressing interest in this thread there are already several that have confirmed they would like to attend. Our facility is small so in fairness to those who will be attending I’d like to limit the class to 12. If you are really interested in attending please contact me via PM or post here, I’ll need your contact info so PM might be better. We are shooting for an April/May time frame and will give specifics once we get some of the necessary details worked out.

would you say you would be able to atually tune a car after you’ve taken both courses if it had an AEM ems in it or something similar?