efi classes?

I actually walk through the exact steps I use when tuning pretty much any system. You should have a pretty good idea of how to attack an unknown project from scratch. Inevitably, your ability to actually tune a given car will boil down to how well you apply this and how much practice you do on your own after the class. I just try to get you pointed in the right direction from the start. You should be pretty “dangerous” coming out of the class. :wink:

sounds good. Hopefully we can get enough people for you to teach a class out this way. I think being able to even tune just your own car with a solid knowlege of the fundementals gives anyone who races a huge advantage by not having to have someone come to the track with you or having to take your car somewhere to get things dialed in everytime you change something on the car or even if a problem arises when your logging. Hope to see you in the classroom.

tooslowjetta: where is your shop located?

Sorry for the delayed response, we have been without internet connectivity for 24 hours. Our garage is located about 20 minutes North of Cranberry, 3 miles South of Portersville.

i may be interested. i can write this class off as a “educational exspense” on my taxes. Be no different than writing off my tools. Knowledge is tools.

Greg, what year did you graduate from Kettering? I have a friend who went there, you may know him.

Do it Sailor-- Andrew and I are gonna take it.

I assume this is going to cover basics,
VE/MAP Calibration
MAF Calibration
Spark Tuning

What about more advanced topics, like forced induction.

And what application will the demonstration be run with? HPT? EFI Live? LS2Edit?

For details on the basic/beginner class specifics please go to www.calibratedsuccess.com

The systems we should have available for Greg to use on running vehicles are: Megasquirt,
Hondata
Fast XFI -If Rob can get the “piece of crap” Pontiac finished and to my house

We also have a 96 Powerstroke if somebody wants to donate tuning software? I currently run it off of an Edge controller

I’ve put this off long enough. If this can happen close to home, I am definitly in. To clearify, this is NOT classified as part of efi101?

I saw Rob in Lowes, allison park last week. It sounded like there wasn’t much left on the tempest to finish!

Rob mentioned that he ran into you.

You make 8 “definites” so we officially have enough for a class. Once the dyno is operational/tested I will work with Greg to select a date and post the info here.

BTW Rob is talking about competing in this years Pump Gas Drags with a new engine. 540+ ci and some ridiculous amount of horsepower. The car in theory should already run 8.9 with the “baby” engine it has now. :blue:

Rob should run Drag Week-- his car is perfect for it.

Yeah, but he’s not fast enough for that! You gotta be running 7’s to be in the winners circle which is absolutely amazing! Hat’s off to the Terzich’s! I’d be afraid to dyno that car…

I graduated in '99 and went to school during “A” section.

As mentioned, a more complete list of course topics is shown on the website. Forced induction is covered, since the engine really doesn’t care how the extra air got in there as long as you quantify it. I have multiple examples of this.

The demo will depend on what vehicles we have available. I have multiple software packages (SCT, HPT, FAST, DFI, etc.) of my own and try to mix it up a bit. I may even have a boosted BMW example for this class. :wink:

Although I have the tools for the Powerstroke (SCT), we’re going to keep this course limited to gasoline engines only to avoid confusion.

It looks like we’ve got a pretty good response here. Once the date is set and everyone signs up, we should be set up for a really good class. I like having more variety of software/systems questions from the group. It helps show how you’re all basically doing the same thing with a different package.

Now this I want to see! What software would you be using for this? Would you socket the ecu and burn a chip? I have no BMW experience other than seat time and was considering boosting a 328is we have hanging around. :slight_smile:

I’ve already been driving the car with boost for almost a year. The original tuning was part of a complete kit I got from a friend of mine HERE. It’s just a reflash of the existing OBDII controller. I already have a working datalogger, but am still waiting for the beta of my full-on ECU editor for it. I’m on “the short list” when the first version of said editor is done.

I can see Rob rolling up now with a bench seat and a lap belt going… “what?” :tounge:

humm… i think it would be interesting to attend, and i could bring my car and my copy of HPTuners, but i dont think my budget this year will allow for that much extra spending :wink:

You may want to talk to Rob (or PM me your number and pass it on to him), He’s currently tuning Predator Performances twin charged Cadillac on hptners software and may be able to help you out (or maybe you can help him)

I have Accel DFI gen 7 in my truck. If we do this during the nice weather I will bring it and have no problem using it as a test subject.

Looks like Rob will be running in Drag Week in the single power adder class.

BTW we have the 8 people required for the class and approximately 7 “maybes”.
The first 4 maybes that let me know they are definitely coming (i know it’s kind of hard without a firm date) will fill the class. I will keep a waiting list in case there are any cancels.

Thanks for all the interest and look forward to having you visit our place!