Election Day

im debating if i go off about satish, if anyone will listen. unless anyone would like me to elaborate, all i will say (this coming from someone who’s immediate family members WORK for the Town of Amherst) is that while he makes it look all pretty on the outside, if people really realized the consequences of what he waned to do to save money, maybe they would think differently. its people like Kindel that keep (or try to keep) these things from happening. as i said, if someone wants me to elaborate then i will.

Are you stupid or ignorant? :slight_smile:

I did a search for previous posts by user and I’m voting both.

omgodzers! You have family who is employed by the town?! You must have some inside dirt on Satish!

No thanks. :slight_smile:

not really…got some funny stories about grelick though

My favorite Bill Kindel moment was watching him yell and scream that if we didn’t fill 4 vacant APD positions the town would be overrun with drug dealers. Nothing like a good scare tactic to get the town on your side right?

Luckily most people thought about what he was saying. With 492 police officers we’re doomed to have crime like Buffalo, but with 496 we stay safest city in America. Talk about your all time greatest bullshit lines.

Coming in a close 2nd was the one that almost had me physically removed from a town board meeting when we were fighting about assessments. He simply wouldn’t admit that jacking the assessments 40% but lowering the tax rate .01% was still raising taxes. For those that aren’t in Amherst, that was how Grelick “lowered” our property taxes. Somehow the bill was still larger for the vast majority of Amherst homeowners though.

Then several months later my wife told me Grelick actually knocked on our door during her re-election campaign. Had I been home I might actually be in jail. :lol:

Oh noes1

They had to take one free healthcare option instead of having the option between 2.

Poor them. I feel so much sympathy for them.

:word:

Anyone have any comments on NYS Prop 1? Something about an acre of state land and a reservoir?

The first I heard of it was when I walked in the booth and I didn’t think the little blurb above the lever was enough to base a decision on.

http://www.smartvoter.org/2007/11/06/ny/state/prop/1/

Ok, so “Yes” was probably the right vote. If only I would have known. At least my non-vote won’t hurt or help.

Ditto. I didn’t vote on that one because I had no idea what I would be voting on. My first instinct after reading the blurb was that something fishy was going on, but I have never heard of that town or reservoir so :shrug:

I live in Amherst. I’d vote but I don’t know shit about any of these people other than watching a quick 4 minute news thing on the candidates and Collins got my :tup:

Also I didn’t realize today was Election Day, and am now at work til 11.

Have any preliminary numbers been released yet?

I don’t think you’ll see anything until the polls start closing. I really doubt they’re doing any exit polling.

Most up to date Erie County results should be here:
http://www.erieboe.com/

That’s what I figured. That may affect my plans for this evening so I was hoping there might be some numbers by now.

not even that. in fact, MOST of the town employees didnt put up a fight about that AT ALL.

We may see some numbers scrolling at the bottom of the screen in a couple hours. Nothing this early though…

WIVB predicting Collins wins Erie County race seconds after polls close.

Latest count with 17% reporting:

Precincts Reporting: 169 Of 986 17%

Chris Collins 27,795 65%
James Keane 13,995 33%
Paul Clark 897 2%

ch 2 news just said that it’s confirmed that Collins won?