Electric fan wiring help

Hey guys I rencently picked up a dual electric fan and plan on installing it some time next week. I want to have both my fans running when I have the key at acc or when the car is on and turns off when the car is off, I’m trying to avoid using a thermal switch. How do I exactly wire it up properly? What size gague wires will I need?

Running it to a switch makes life easier. That’s how my setup is currently. The draw from the fans is funominal and not needed all the time (like when cruising) so it’s nice to be able to turn them off.
Not 100% how it’s all wired up, but if the snow clears I can pop the hood and check. I know that the fans go to a relay and then from the relay to the switch, and i think from the relay to the battery? Dunno. I didn’t do it lol

Would a 30 amp fuse and 30 amp relay be needed? I have the ISIS dual fans and forgot to mention its for a S13 KA24DE if it makes a difference how to wire them up

wiring is wiring, engine and chassis don’t really make a difference.
I am pretty sure that you are correct for needing the 30 amp fuse and 30 amp relay.

30 amp should be good. Google how to wire a relay it’s not that difficult. bat to fuse to relay to fans, 12v power, such as power to radio, to switch , to relay , to ground. Of if you want to be able to run your fans with your key out of the ignition run it from the bat not the radio.

If you do get a thermostat switch, run it before the relay, as in it turns the relay on. I fired a thermo doing this the wrong way.

I’ve came across some threads on Google just want to confirm these diagrams are right

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34379[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34380[/ATTACH]

Also what gauge wire would I need?

14-12ga wire should be good

Would it matter which size gauge is used on the + or -?

use 12 gauge for the + from the relays to the fan, 12ga for the grounds from the fan, 12ga for your battery feed for the relay. The only ones id use regular 16gauge wire for 85-86 of your relay

The thicker the wire, the more current it can carry.
Also, if you’re looking to upgrade your fans to ones that have bigger motors, you should just run 10ga so you wouldn’t need to change your wiring later down the road.

Buy one for those 2pin trailer light connector socket things and use that as well, so your fans are removable. And if you do change fans, all you gotta do is add that 2pin plug and you’re good to go
No need for rewiring shit later

I currently only have one relay for both my fans and they worked fine