Engagement Ring suggestions/questions

^^^I’ll you $25 for your wifes ring.

When I was buying an engagement ring, I found the best info at http://www.pricescope.com. You can use their search engine to price a diamond with all your specific qualities to get an idea of what it should cost. Be sure that you are comparing apples to apples because some grading labs are not as strict as others: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/

I would go with the most colorless diamond that you can because most people are more sensitive to color than clarity (especially as they get older and can no longer see the inclusions). I personally went with a D color and VS2 clarity.

Cut is what makes a diamond sparkle like it does. There is a lot of science behind all of the different angles, but your eyes should make the final decision. Here are the different cut classes for Round Brilliants: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/round.asp

I ended up buying our ring from a jeweler in NYC: http://www.thefacetscollection.com. One nice thing about buying it out-of-state is that you don’t pay taxes on the transaction. This saved me a ton of money.

Kid,
Why do you have to be such a douche bag? Even though you fucked me over on a deal
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30344
i let it go LONG ago. I don’t fuck with your ‘for sale’ threads, i don’t talk shit about you, i really don’t give a fuck anymore.
So why are you stalking me Jack? You got a few extra bucks by fucking me over…, but hey, you were just looking out for #1 and sold your integrity in the process. Fine i get it, YOU DA MAN!!! Now please, grow the fuck up, let it go and leave me the fuck alone.
I can’t believe i was even considering buying your RC truck…
Damn!:nuts: :tool: :tool: :asshole

you’ve just experienced pittspeed assholes :frowning:

I spent a bit more than 3 months (gross) salary for my Fiance’…

…but I got her a '06 Lexus IS250 loaded (Nav, heated/cooled seats etc.) not a ring. We’ve been shopping rings, we both wanted to do that part together. We’ll probably buy it at year-end bonus time (I gave her something more “reasonable” for now). She’s awesome and doesn’t care if I spend $1 or $1,000,000 on it… it’s what the ring means not what it costs that matters.

-TJ

Hmm, 3 months salary? Well I put my Finace’ in a '06 Lexus IS250 loaded (nav, heated/cooled leather, 18" wheels, blah blah) with 2,800 on the clock. It ran me closer to 4 months salary but I don’t have to worry about her every time she gets in her car anymore. I got her a more “reasonable” ring for now, we’re shopping the big one together.

-TJ

Mine better be playinum and diamonds- or else it means he doesnt love me.

All that jazzy stuff about salaries and how big etc etc is BS. I would NEVER EVER expect Sonny to spend any “minimum percentage” and a freaking ring. She not going to say no if it didnt cost 1.2 million dollars, or if your payments arent less than 2000 a week. She is not going to say no if the diamond is small or if the ring is ugly. All she is going to be thinking is “OMG I’m getting Married”

Cut the crap, knock her up, and have a shotgun wedding without rings if you are worried this much about it.

:rofl:

I’m not worried at all…where did that come from?

I wasnt necessarily posting to just you- more or less everyone that has these stupid ‘rules’ about rings.

Sonny posting when Jenn stayed logged in??? :stick:

I might be the only one that thinks 1G is enough to spend, but @ the time I made about 25K a year…

nah, I’d say thats ‘Angry (no-ring-yet) Jenn’ :redface:

I think that’s plenty to spend, and Dom makes more than 25K.

Fair ‘nough, and to be honest my fiance’ could care less about dollar value. I guess I just feel like a bit of a cheap-ass when I regularly spend $1,300 on a set of race tires that last me a few months (tops) and I think about spending less on her ring. Plus it always feels nice to give her something that is going to make her friends and family do this :eek2: In my situation I think $6-8k is a good number, and so far I’ve seen some rings that are absolutely amazing in that range.

-TJ

I imagine if Dom made more than he does we would have chosen a more expensive ring or a bigger diamond for mine. But then again, it’s just a ring, and even though I like nice things I can’t justify spending 6-8k on a ring. I do have the option of upgrading/trading in my ring later, and Dom said I could if I wanted to. I don’t think I will though, my ring is beautiful, and my diamond isn’t the best clarity or color, but we made sure to get an ideal cut so it is very sparkly, and that is what most people notice. Perhaps I will post pics later if anyone wants to see them.

I’ve always known it to be 2 months salary for a ring…

Its not about what u spend… its about what it means…and that it is sparkly.

The number I put up before is just bellow one month’s salary for me (gross). Next year it will be even less. That’s why I’d feel like a comlete ASS for spending 1-2K. I know the $ value doesn’t really matter to her, she’s not “like that.” But that doesn’t mean I won’t feel like a complete bum.

I know, and that’s how she feels. But if I can do something really nice/special why wouldn’t I?

-TJ

:doh:

:smiley: