Engine not starting, no clicking

alright after searching other threads i got pissed and just decided to post this

this morning it started fine, drove 10 mins to my buddies turned it off for prob 5 mins went back out and it wouldnt start. i put the key in and lights come on, so i have power pluss its a new battery as i turn the key though niothing happens, there are no sounds from the engine., would that be a fuse or a problem with no power getting to the starter?

i need to go out and i dont feel like calling caa to tow to the garage if its something stupid

any help is great thanks

5spd? bump-start it…

same thing happend to my last KA…it was the fuel pump

hope it helps

we did bump start it and its now at the mechanics to see whats going on, the fuel pump eh? why would that affect the engine not staring , minus the engine not getting fuel part, shouldnt the engine atleast try!

if u bumped it im sure the fuel pump is fine, you probably just droped the positive wire off the starter. or the starter is going, i remember when my starter crapped out i carryed around a big pipe to hit the starter to get it going

k yepp starter crap’d out on me , can anybody give me step by step how to uninstall and reinstall a new starter, im going to search the forum right now so what ever is fastest ill see
k thanks,

changing the starter should be easy…

disconnect your battery
jack up the car
disconnect the starter (it’s on the passenger side on the bellhousing of the tranny)
unscrew 2 or 3 bolts (I think it’s 2)
put a new one in and connect it
connect the battery

Just like Lith said - 2 bolts (14 mm) that hold it in place – might want to use extension with a swivel. Then pull out the starter – you will need to disconnect the 12 mm grounding nut & disconnect the positive connector.

http://www.makemilk.com/pic_hosting/s1495/diy/starter_cleanup/starter_4.jpg

starter sucks to do on a 240, you have to get the bolts from under the car. good luck.

alright thanks for the great help everyone, im going to try to do it tonight after school :cool: