HELP! 240SX WON'T START!

well i tried to read bout the problems but im too much of a noob, i have a 91 240sx se, i didn’t use it for like a week then last night in the cold weather it start perfectly fine without hesitation it started fine like 6times i was tryna put it in my garage, i got stuck on the snow for like 20mins then when i finally got it in i parked it, now i can’t start it back up. i know it can’t be the battery cause i just got that replaced, it’ll make a clicking sound and a bit of a draining type sound but thats it, it won’t start or anything. what could this be?

whack your starter with a 2x4 and try starting it again

k tried that, didn’t seem to work!

anyone else? :frowning:

bump start it

roll it as fast as u can, hop in, pull out the clutch when u see it sort of bog hit the gas and put the clutch back in

if the car only starts when its cold, and bogs when u try start it when the motors hot, its 99% of the time the fuel pump…

you need to hit it with a hammer while trying to start it. its a 2 man/woman job. happend to me last year and it worked. get under the passenger side and take off the wheel, look for the starter near the tranny and hit it when the person in the car is trying to start the car. probably the solenoid is bad and has a few bad spots. so hitting the starter allows for you to jump those bad spots and start.

worth a try.

same thing happened to me and it was just a fuel filter…when i bump started it u shoulda seen the black smoke teehee…

well i dont think its that cause it worked everyday for 2weeks sicne i bought it 3weeks ago, i didnt use it for a week and it started like 6times perfectly fine in cold, and starts fine in warm weather, just it stopped out of no where and just makes a clicking sound now.

i can’t tell if your kidding or not.

hes serious just hit the starter…try a bump start if its standard…easiest way to start a car…

okay the original owner is saying hit it too. just one question, which part is the starter i kinda know how one looks its suppose to be near the intake manifold but i cant seem to put an eye on it.

directly underneath the intake mani pointed towards the tranny, on the back 1/2 of the motor.

I typically use a piece of wood (1/2 a pool cue) and slide it just under the mani, and use this rather than a hammer, slide it back and forth smacking the starter

directly underneath the intake mani pointed towards the tranny, on the back 1/2 of the motor.

I typically use a piece of wood (1/2 a pool cue) and slide it just under the mani, and use this rather than a hammer, slide it back and forth smacking the starter[/quote]

this is gonna sound dumb but i still can’t find it lmao. hows it suppose to look.

It just so happens I have a picture of close to it… It’s on the top edge of the picture, hopefully it’ll help you:

Black and silver, right above the 3 loose wires.

face the intake manifold. look at the oil filter. now look to the left and down that is ur started its round. u will also notice that part of lower harness is attatched to it. its attatched by a positive terminal…

k nvm i found it. i poked it a bunch of times, wiggled the wires. something even sparked (that couldnt be good) and it still just clicks and not turn on, the starter was just replaced from a jackyard, is it normal to have the headlights move very slow when ur starter is messed?

just realized thats a shot from underneath the car, aha but thanks thatll help a bit.

k yeah i definitely found it and hitting it doesnt help. like i didnt hit it that hard just pretty much poking it tapping it, should i hit it hard? or do u think the whole starter all together is done cuz they just got it replaced from a junkyard, and it started without any hesitation at all when it was working then just one time i turned it off and it suddenly stopped working.

while youre hitting it, is someone in the car trying to start the car? remember this is done simultaneously, one guy hits the other turns the key.
yes put a little mustard into it, just be careful not to miss the starter and poke a big hole in your block. :smiley:

ah. no it wasnt actually i was doing it alone. well heres some more symptoms my headlights wont turn on, my interior lights work but my indigo guages and deck arent always powering on all the time and when it does its slow with dim light, my alarm completely got disabled at one point so i pressed a bunch of buttons and got the alarm to go on but very low volume almost like it was weak, and my indigo guages would only turn on when i press unlock or lock on the remote alarm thing.