engine runs like garbage after it rains...moody car?

As the title states, my 2004 jetta runs like garbage after it rains. It wasn’t driven in the rain just sat there overnight. I go to start it and the engine seems like its not getting enough gas or air and sputters when I go to accelerate hence no power. I checked the gas tank cover to be sure its tight so no water leaked into the tank and seems to be tight fit. The engine light goes on and flashes until I drive it for about ten miles then the car runs as it should. Im not really that close to a shop that could check what code its throwing out by the time the light shuts off. Again its only after it rains. What else do you think could it be? My car is a moody bitch I guess! Let me know what you dudes think. Thanks.

After a good down pour like we had this morning when I start my car up it idles SUPER high…I always figured it was some kind of vacuum hose that was bad and taking in moisture or something stupid. I’ll be interested to see what the car gods here say about your car.

Moisture is getting somewhere it shouldnt…

Wet bad coils pack or packs … blame most of it being a garbage v dub

Coil packs all day.

if its a 2.0 its only got one coilpack for all 4…
that would also be my guess or plug wires… something is shorting out.

Plug wires, coil pack, arcing out with the moisture.

when its running fubar, spray wd40 on parts one at a time then test drive each tine.

or

when totally dark out, mist some water on your engine while its running, look for any traces of any light.

Replace your cracked coil pack

Coil pack/wires. might as well throw new plugs in it too while you’re that far in.