need help

soo i was driving the other day when it was raining and went in this puddle and i pushed the gas and it was unresponsive my car just shut off and now it wont start i put it in my friends underground cause my dad said it was wet or something and needed to dry so i left it for a day and went back styll wont start called a tow truck to take it to my mechanics to get fixed but they cant get into the underground what could be the problem with the car ?? oh its a 96 ford escourt i know the problem is its a ford lol but its all i got till i get a 240 lol how

Sounds like Hydrolock, its when your engine sucks in water. And since water isn’t combustable you cannot run your engine. Hydrolock usually results in engine damage such as bent rods or valves, holes in pistons, and all sorts of nasty stuff. Best bet is to pull out your plugs and look for signs of water in the combustion chambers, if its there might as well start to look for a new engine.

well if its not damaged could he just take the plugs out and let it dry?

He could pull the plugs and shoot some WD40 down the tubes… if the car cranks but will not start it will help… if the car is not getting power at all then the water has shorted something out.