Not running properly, help please :)

Hey guys,
Just really need some help. Thank you in advance!
Well i got my 240 on June 14th (last week) after years and years of wanting one. Its a 93 se with 166k on the original engine. took it for a test drive and it was running perfectly, like a dream. engine was strong, it was peeling out perfectly.
Once i got it home, started to clean it, including removing the black sludge build-up under the hood. used simple green and gunk, periodically spraying under the hood with my garden hose. took like 2hrs to clean under the hood. finally everything was clean and looked brand new.
Tried to start it, but it wouldnt. let it dry for half and hour. tried again, it started but would stall when i put it in gear and try to drive. now the past few days im able to drive it but it sputters and does not have half the acceleration it did when i test drove it. feels like its goin to stall, when at low speeds.
Any ideas? my friend told me i should have covered the spark plugs when spraying the engine. Does anything need to be replaced? tune up maybe?
hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

you could try to change your plugs and make sure your intake isn`t wet if your filter is wet pull it out let it dry or replace it

your wiring has moisture in it. probably the wires, cam sensor, maf sensor and any sensor that is on the top near where u hosed it.

the connectors do have rubber seals in them to keep moisture out, but of course for a old car, they don’t do too much anymore.

best thing to do is use a blow gun, and blow out all connectors, even blow out any water in the spark plug tubes.

^ i powerwash my engine bay all the time and not once have i ever had that problem! and thats using an industrial strength powerwasher!!

hey so basically check my intake, wires and plugs. its been a week, still a possibility its just water somewhere? would an oil change help? thanks for your replies!

Pop your hood and let the sun hit your motor for a good couple of hours.
Check all your connections to see if maybe a few have wiggled loose.

Good luck,

thanks guys! problem fixed. basically did everything you guys suggested except for lettin it sit in the sun…rained most of the day. well i used my air hose and found alot of moisture. checked my intake cleaned it out. checked all connections and now its perfect. i appreciate the help. thx alot.