ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

Pretty little finger painting on intercooler.

/thread.

Attempt of staggering.

/thread.

everything, u have put a stupid gauge pod in it, u have painted your rims, u wanted to put stupid staggered rim setup on the car, umm u short shift the fuck out of the car, umm u bought a car that u probably will lose within a year cuz u can’t afford it just cause u were probably tired of everyone busting on u about the miata. do I need to keep going?

I’m not gonna pick on you Ern it’s your car you can do whatever the hell you want with your money. I actually think you’re kind of brave doing what you do to your car and then posting it on here to get absolutely berated. Now would I mod my X in the same fashion as you? No fucking way but to each his own.

would it be bad if i put this on my hood right before i replace it? :lurk

I’ll give the guy credit for standing the heat.

Then again you guys don’t need to obliterate him either, constructive criticism is helpful.

Erngotti if they do provide constructive criticism don’t get too defensive about it either and actually listen, there is a reason why most of the guys here agree on the same issues/points about your car.

ern’s car looks better then half of the other dumpy whips on here rofl

you’re ripping around with an intake and full turbo back exhaust, untuned.

Omg lol

truth and sad but true…ern u seem like a good kid get that shit tuner properly and spend the extra money to do it. Bottom line you will see the most gains and it will be done properly.

Some are picking on you to help

Others are picking on you for fun

Try to listen to those that do it for help.

And as someone else said, ignore the haters as the car is nicer than a lot of others on here.

With that said, you should actually listen to some of the guys as they aren’t BS’ing you.

I do listen. I’m not staggering. I needed gauges. I already had narowband. I WILL buy wideband. I WILL get a tune. Soon too.

I DIDNT STAGGER. And I wont.

Paul, what do you mean by short shifting?

Thats the thing, hes doesnt seem to liston to the ones that are trying to help.

I told him EXACTLY what was wrong with his tire idea. People threw the word “staggered” around completely wrong, missleading people. i cleared it all up… all they need to do it read it and follow it. From the replies back after that i still dont think he understands what i said.

I only met him a few times becasue he worked at my friends Napa. Seemed like a good dude, nothing against him personally based on that. But dayum dude, listen to what we are saying here. Everyone understands its your car and do what you want… but this is the nicest, most expensive, car you owned. And its under warranty, well not so much anymore and the more you fuck with it kiss that good by.

for instance, you blow the center diff out of it by running tires on the back a inch shorter than the front… the speed sensors in the car will tell the story to the dealer. Even if you put the stock wheels/tires back on and lie about never putting any other tires/wheels on it. They will deny you and you will be dropping a few grand easy on repairs to something the bank still owns. Same with over revving cars and shit, anything built in the last 10 years data logs alot of shit. When it comes time for warranty repair work, they check that shit just like any other scumbag insurance company would… because they are looking for excuses to not pay/fix your mistakes.

Short shifting is being short and shifting

Seems like he listened. See above.

But does he understand why?

Know your car prior to making modifications. Especially when its a $30K+ high performance car with more features computers and controls than 99% of the people on this board are capable of utilizing to their fullest extent.

that was more my point by “not listening to our advice” and literally not listening.

Hopefully he’ll listen, it’ll be ashame if he ruins such a nice car. There’s alot of good free advice on this forum as well as on EvoM.

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Saw this gem trap 104 tonight. 14.3 pass.