ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

I REST MY CASE.

Okay well it was all in one breath…

Anyways, Yeah I fucked up. I knew it too. But dont we all play in our cars? Dont we all have fun and do shit we “probably shouldn’t”? Well I have, and so have you, I just happened to get some road scars once. Its just paint anyways. I got lucky. At least I didnt fuck around and slide off the road trying to drift in the rain and bend my whole front end beyond repair…lol love ya steve, but thats my point. You guys dont break his balls for sliding in the rain on a not closed road.

Zomg Ernie…you did two donuts in some dirt with your awd car. I’m going to talk so much shit now. :ahh

It was gravel, not dirt. Honestly, I’ve done plenty of shit that was equally as dumb on many occasions. Fuck it! It’s just a car anyhow.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BRO ITS NOT LRM

:rofl

Exactly. I wasn’t endangering anyone (like burnouts do). I didn’t slide through a crowd of people. I didn’t throw rocks all over a bunch of little kids. It was me all by myself in my car and I did two circles. Now I gotta paint my car. Big friggin deal.

Some dude did that shit to a friend of mine back when I was in highschool. Dude thought he was bad ass doing gravel drifts with a shitty S10 pickup. Long story short, the rocks hit my friends shitty grand am and the guys insurance had to pay for the junkbox to get repainted (didn’t happen, he pocketed the $1200).

Instead of being a dumbass you could’ve just bought mudflaps like a normal person.

Haha. Mudflaps are gay as fuck. Leave the rock chips but no mudflaps. Those are for big rigs and mini vans

BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Seriously though, get these mudflaps. I had them on my wrx in highschool and they worked great.

While I’m sure you’re the utmost authority on things that are “gay as fuck” buying mudflaps is alot cheaper than painting your dorrs and rockers especially on a car notorious for having thin paint.

So that edienburg track. What is a “full lap” around that thing? I assume the times you are posting is 2 full laps?

And holy dog shit is that thing bumpy!

I made a full lap from a dig starting on the bottom of the hill where the black section is repaved, and then a full rolling lap after that… in the dark, and she only stop watched the first lap because she didnt know I was doing two, and I took 2 laps around prior to learn the track.

from a dig 47 seconds. assume the rolling start one was around a 41?

if its 2 full laps and that the time…

1:28

I bet I can knock 11 seconds off that shit with a days practice and me not giving a shit about my car pummeling it on that washboard they call a track! lol

You should be able to see in the videos where it starts. Its right after the little esses after the only big swooping curve on the track. the first corner is 180 degree turn.

I already told you guys, the dealership is hunting for mudflaps. Rally Armor ones are way too expensive and look hideous, imo. And since its MY car, i’m going to purchase the OEM molded ones instead. The issue they are having is the 08 has a different body than the 2010-11. So the fronts dont fits from regular lancers, ralliarts OR Evo’s. Rears fit fine. I may buy the closest match and dremel a lil.

They set up cones and make it a tighter course. You will not break a 1:18. I have a better shot at breaking into the 1:12s than you do breaking into anything quicker than a 1:20.

My money is on Cliffopottamus. Sorry Mike. And I only say that because of this:

-You’re gonna race in a stock Jetta (when you say stock, I assume that means regular everyday tires too)
-You’ve never raced this particular course.
-And you’re gonna race in a stock Jetta.

Its not as easy as it seems. I’m not being a dick but your car cant do what you’re hoping it will. So please ease up on the hot shot shit till September 17th when you hit 1:35 your first run, then gradually work down to 1:24…

If you can break 1:20, in a stock Jetta on street tires, I’ll reimburse your entrance fee.

wish i didnt clip a cone on my 1:21 run :frowning:

That sucks. Matt hit 1:16.298 but tipped a cone too in his H22 Civic (Cliff’s old car, btw)

Cones suck. They gave Shane a 1:25.3 in my car!!! Shane is the Cone Monster at that track though lol

You started three turns after the actual start so add 12+ seconds easily…and like Cliff said they put up cones so there’s absolutely no apexing/cutting the corners or running wide on exits. I don’t know what Jetta you have exactly…but in stock form there’s honestly no chance on Earth of you running under 1:20 no matter how many days of practice. Ernie speaks the truth when he says you’ll run a 1:35 on day 1 and work your way down to mid/high 1:20’s at the end of day 2.

lol…yeah cones suck…that time is with 5 cones…haha…I made it around in 1:15.3 though…could have been faster if I could have controlled that car!!