ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

I used the lmgdfao because of the simple reason being ernie had to put a new clutch an fly wheel in his evo

wtf? where do you get your info from???

To Clarify, Paul is incorrect.

this thread is mad ignant

hahah ^^

So since its been tuned for 2 days, does it run like a raped ape or what?

Its been quiet on here, i would of thought there would of been dyno sheet posts and what not.

dunno post 1934 said it was 4 days away from toon tyme. Maybe it popped, or he over steered it into the ausable river on the way back from Moon. lol

ernie I don’t feel my info is incorrect being u haven’t been on here to tell everyone how u made out with the tune because ur car has been in the shop getting the clutch n flywheel changed.

further more I had quite the conversation yesterday getting screamed at because u ASSumed someone gave me info about ur pos when they did not but yet why scream at this person about what I do or say they have no control over me an what I say but yet u always go crying to this person like a bitch an cry about what I say towards u on this forum or the 518carscene forum. So if ur car is fine u should of went an got the tune done so what r the results an I wanna see graphs or what ever u have for proof of what ur car did

Tune got rescheduled for Tuesday July 26th. Thats why there are no graphs.

Its been quiet cuz i got nothing to say.

If you all must know, yes I replaced the clutch and flywheel, but not because I HAD to, like Paul states. It didn’t NEED it. I decided I wanted to do it before I tuned the car. I been doing a lot of reading so I bought the ACT ME1HDSS & Streetlite combo, and am still deciding what to do about the master cylinder. I wanted to get this all done while I had the money instead of getting stranded.

I had the dealer flash the ECU to stock 2011 EvoX parameters and the car runs much better but weaker it seems. Which makes no sense but then again I dont know jack shit about ecu parameters and fuel mapping and IATs and shit. So when Taylor opens it up for me (Him and I agreed that if I’m gonna put a flywheel in the car, it may as well be done prior to the tune) it should run like a raped ape at that time.

I didn’t put anything about the clutch and flywheel because I dont have the car back yet. It should be finished this morning. At which point I would have mentioned the upgrade and such

Well stated. + rep’d

The clutch was a good idea. For piece of mind, during the tune and for the whopping it will take after the tune. Well played.

For real, I hope it goes well. You are on the right track with building the car up properly I think. Once its tuned, leave it alone for a while and just drive the balls off it. At that point it will be more car than 70% of the members here could handle… so just focus on keeping it clean, safe and driving it like a boss.

^^^OMG :hug Thanks meng!

This thread is really what prompted me to do this:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/486218-longest-x-clutch-lasted-so-far.html

My flywheel options were: MAPerformance (10 lbs), Fidanza (9lbs but full serviceable), Clutchmasters (11 lbs), ACT (11lbs) or AASCO (10 lbs).

The fidanza seemed too light for streetability since the stock clutch weighs in at 13.4lbs. I figured MAP, ACT or CM were my best bet based upon price and reputation. After reading up on clutches and getting prices there too, I was torn between the Clutchmasters FX200 and the ACT ME1HDSS. Both are designed for what I’m doing with the car, and both are quality clutch systems. So the deciding factor came down to price. The ACT won by over $100 so that is why I went with the ACT flywheel too. They look pretty too lol

The job however is an absolute nightmare. 14.4 hour job at the dealer. ZOMG so I am paying to have that done too lol no thanks. Not gonna tackle that one.

+rep for getting me the correct brake pads on saturday after figuring out that your retard co-worker grabbed the wrong ones off the shelf :ninja

Talk with Pete and see where he did his clutch. I think Morgan did it, but I cant remember. Unless you already have plans made.

Hahah he really is a nice guy and means well, but we all believe (this is his story too) that he was hit exceptionally hard with a ladder and thus is unable to hold information properly. Sad story, in all honesty. He has worked in parts stores for 10 years, too.

Its at the Dealer, believe it or not. One tech has been there for 22 years, the other for 10. Both are exceptional mechanics and I trust them with the car. Plus Since I know someone who knows someone, my wallet wont be hurting too too bad when this is all over and done with.

So is the phoenix on the rise from the ashes?

Smart move on the clutch Ern, it’s one of those things that would’ve had to be changed eventually anyway. Good luck with the tune too! +1 rep as soon as I can.

With all this +rep, you might only have ONE red square soon, congrats! :number1

14.5 hours? labor rates prolly around $95? OUCH

And when ya met Ernie you found out he’s actually a rather good Guy, am I right?

kinda sorta… I remember meeting him for the first time at Napa… he was kinda squirrelly actually.

But its probably because all the guys at that napa are fucked in the head, and missing a few screws, so I am sure it rubs off on him being there all week long! lol Ernie, its all Petes fault! lol