esford90's Turbo 350 Rebuild (taking a break from the crx)

My dad ownes a 1970 Chevy Camaro RS, this is his first car he has ever owned and cant let go of it…the reason why it has been sitting for 20 years was because he hit a telephone pole head on at around 70 mph racing down his street. He bought another parts car camaro and fixed up the body a little but never completely finished it up. So im going to restart this project for him.

The school semester is starting and I promised my dad I would take his tranny to school and rebuild it for him.

So tonight i worked on it for 2 and a half hours, took off the whole front end and pulled the motor.

This is where I left it tonight, Im going to pull the tranny off the motor tomorrow night and take it to class on wednesday and start tearing the tranny apart.

Updates will be up every wednesday of what I did that day during class.

transmission is off of the motor and i will be disassembling the transmission tomorrrow morning in school…case will be media blasted or sandblased and i will be purchasing a shift kit and a rebuild kit with all new seals etc before it goes back together

the transmission is 100% apart and i need to put the case in the washer at school, i will have pictures up tomorrow

good to see some action finally happening to this car lol

i know right? it needs some serious love but im going to try my best over summer to get some serious body work done. i am building the motor in the fall semester, just a mild build like a nice cam, carb, maybe heads etc…i will proly keep it stock bore/stroke

this is sick man. nice to see some work getting done! im sure your dads happy to see it too

ultimatly the car is going to be handed down to me :smiley:

i ordered the rebuild kit and a b&m shifter improver kit

i got the transmisson down to the case and machine washed it

today i rebuilt the transmission fluid pump with all new seals etc.

everything was machined washed in the pump so there wont be any grim or shit in thee when i put the transmission up to the transmission dyno that we have to test it

i only got to stay in class for an hour before i got a call that made me leave for the day

i taped off what needed to be taped and sandblased the case.

That’s pretty cool of you to help your old man out.

yeah, i just hate to see it sit for another 15 years in our garage…its a beautiful car, when done right

Fuck that car needs a lot of work

yeah, i got nothing but time tho haha

Come over and sand bodywork for my car, lol

You can have that engine bay subframe and firewall looking tities in a week :tup:

:newman:

haha just kidding, i could help you out one day if you want since you will be lending me a hand in the near future

my ol man and I could help with the weeks of body work this sob’s gunna need lol

weeks! its gona need months…im problably gona have to take it to a blaster just so i can see where all the rust is

well i know i havent updated this at all as i was rebuilding the transmission, but i got the transmission done and dyno’ed it. Everything works and all the line pressures were in spec. or just over spec since I put a B&M shift improver kit (street/strip one)

im going to be rebuilding the motor in the fall but i will problably will be disassembling it over summer. i have no clue what im going to do with it or how much money im going to dump into it…ive never messed around with carborated motors or anything bigger than a 4 cylinder before hahaha

so if anyone has any suggestions that they want to give or any kits (stroker, cam) that they know of that would help me out in my decision making

ok well i guess nobody knows anything about building a 350