Ethanol-free gas locally?

Anyone know where I can find ethanol-free 93+ octane in the cap district or beyond?

We’re taking 20+ gallons of fuel with us to the track (more when we go to Canada), so it’d be nice to fill up with the pure stuff if its just as easy.

Valero on Hoosick Street uses NO ethanol in any gas they sell. Not sure if the highest grade is 91 or 93 though.

jp gas mart on the corener of altamont and hamburg still has e-free gas…

I got gas for my dd at hess in scotia and my car pinged for the first time in the two years i’ve had it. Was so bad I kept topping it off with premium until it went away. Was pinging going down hills! I hear that some stations have been tested and have way more then 10%…

Tiffanys on Rt 20 in Duanesburg has 93 with no ethanol…probly out of your way though

petrol station on 9w across from walmart in glenmont ny…

any places in the colonie/latham area?

They have been accused of “extending” their gasoline with ethanol before it was the norm. A lot of people in the area wouldn’t get gas there for a long time due to this theory. Not sure if I would trust it to be ethanol free. As long as it is no more than 10% it should be fine but, I have heard that some have been closer to 20%

Jesse, your econo shitbox doesn’t need anymore than 87. Just use the ethanol locally, it will give you a cop out next time jammer laps you…

“dude, I would have had you, if it wasn’t for this damn ethanol”

I’ve actually been running it on biodiesel.

whaa wouldn’t it ping less with more ethanol? doesn’t ethanol effectively raise the octane? please forgive me if I sound like a retard as I just woke up and the cylinders in my head are pinging a bit.

but it also effectively leans out your air fuel ratio. E85 is stoich at about 11.5:1 where as Gasoline is 14.7:1.

I think I might have gotten some of that gas with too much ethanol awhile ago because my car kept backfiring but now its ok.

Just checked, they use 10% ethanol.

Any other ideas?

ethenol effectively has a higher octane rating, but like johawk said you need a lot more of it to acheive the proper afr. with enough of it though you can have a lot of fun with more boost/higher cr.

good thing i dont buy my gass there then LOL… no but thats good to know i guess because in a pinch i would go there if i had to… but i typicaly hit up the haji mart at beckers corners or cumbies where the ol big m truck stop is… its typical for alot of places to water down their gas…and with recent market speculation i would expect people to start cuttin that shit with somthing els other then ethanol even.

:sad, I remember the no ethanol sign from about a month ago :wtf

Not even close sir! e95 stoich is 9.765:1 - I run my Z28 off of it, it likes it (obviously wideband tuned via HP Tuners).

It is also 104-105 octane!

Another thing… O2 sensors don’t know A/F ratios, they know lambda. If using a wideband, e85 @ the proper ratio will still read as 14.7:1 because it doesn’t know the difference. A/F ratio that you get in a wideband is simply a calculation based off of known values for a particular fuel compared to the lambda reading. This is why stock o2 sensors still work fine w/ e85.

Jon

To try and stay completely on topic:

USA Gas in Ballston Spa claims to be ethanol free!

Oh, I almost forgot! The octane content of gas is only going to be the advertised rating, regardless of ethanol content. What angers me about that is the fact that the octane rating of pure ethanol is 110, so effectively we are getting raped with lower octane gasoline that is increased via ethanol content. We still pay the premium too!