Even these out?

i can get a set of these headers dumb cheap, and i was wondeirng how hard it would be to even these out? im thinking just attaching to them to the head will work, but i dunno

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/hcarter900/DSCN0733.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/hcarter900/DSCN0734.jpg

they will probably pull in when you tighten them down. That’s why it’s a good idea to make them all one piece.

Although that cheat on the radius right at the port (top picture, rightmost runner) looks bad. That’s the WORST place to cheat a bend in an exhaust system. It will boost the EGTs in that cylinder.

ruin your new car with cheap fucked up parts, fight welds and place stress on the head an manifold?

YEAH THATS A GREAT IDEA

make sure those flanges are reasonably flat before you even consider them.
Just remember that the part is cheap… the labor to install is not… even if you are doing it yourself. You dont want to go through that twice. I would rethink.

yeah man, that looks like a shit product.

for a civic, in a heartbeat.

for your bimmer? nooooo way

IB4theseareactually1500dollarheadersbutsomeguyiknowfromthewebissellingthemfor50bucks

looks like ssautocrap to me. shitty welds, nasty angle on that one flange, uneven pipes. thats it im going to see if i can find a similar one on ebay

wow

no way would i put those on my tractor much less my brand new to me bmw. i cant believe you would even consider it.

edit: WTF I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD CONSIDER THIS

they were going to be sold to me for price of shipping… headers are headers, even lafengas has these on his car, they are replicasa of the Supersprint headers that go for 2k… and the supersprint headers have REALLY shitty welds, and these hold up better then they do, (one guy had the supersprints blow welds 4 times)

are you serious?

get custom then?

i was thinking the same thing

edit: u seem like a pretty competent kid, ur tib came out really well. dont go putting pos parts on ur car just because some other ppl online do. make the right decision.

when they are exact copies, noticing that cheat there, i dont really like these at all now (thanx for pointing that out, i didnt see it) but other people have had them fit perfect and ran them for over a year and like them

what? i don’t have those on my car! There’s a reason why you’re getting them at the cost of shipping. Those flanges look like shit.

I agree that exhaust gasses don’t know the difference between knock-off brands and the $$$ Brands… but there’s an obvious difference in the quality of those and the ones i have.

you’ve gotta do things different than the tib at some point.

not to bag on u at all

but what exactly did they like about them? just the fact that they didnt crack? do they have any data to back-up their reason for liking. too many ppl like shiny stuff.

i didnt say u had those particular ones, but that u had ebay headers on your car, and were happy with them, and so are the 95% of the people who have bought them, i cannot justify 1500 dollars for headers either

Dude, I got a totally sweet replica of a Rolex that goes for 15k. You should buy it for the cost of shipping, then start a thread to see if you should install it on your wrist.

Pretty clear that you’ve already made up your mind on this one.

Even if they exact visual replicas, you need to consider a shit ton of other things:

material? chances are 2000 dollar headers are made from 321SS, this is 1000 dollars in material. No replica header that you will get for the cost of shipping will be made of 321.

welds? You can make a weld look really pretty and still hold like shit. It may also be shit on the inside of the pipe, was it backpurged?

just because it fits doesn’t mean it’s good. Let me direct you to my turbo manifold that “fit” on my 240

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ctnewman2/7.jpg

That pic is useless

I would normally agree with you, which is true in many cases. However, a lot of the BMW manufactures jack up the prices just because it’s a bmw. The same exact item for a honda will cost 5x’s that for a bmw, but we all know this.

I researched the materials and the ones I purchased were 304SS, which is very sutiable for headers (reaction to heat cycles). The welds on mine were TIG welded and the inside weld was also inpspected. I was very happy with the overall quality, granted i didn’t get the welds x-rayed, but i have a good enough background to verify welds visually.

bottom line is those headers unless you unweld and repair them will be putting extra stress on the manifold, which gets very hot

how cheap will those headers be when they fail after install?

not worth it