Even these out?

wow, this pricing is rediculous!!

thats when knowing how to fabricate well comes in handy

side business? :poke:

That’s the thing about a lot of people with “middle upper end” sports cars, I noticed it on the elise forums.

People want to spend a lot of money on parts, they don’t care about the design or the quality, so much as they have the “most expensive = best” attitude… It’s fucking annoying…

:lolsign: :mamoru:

the tib had top quality parts all the way through, i didnt skimp on one piece the whole way

Firehawk853 has some of the best off the shelf headers for an ls1 fbody. now obviously an fbody is a poor mans car, but still. these are TWO (2) headers, for 8 cylinders. full 2" (1.75" is the standard), full 304 SS, tig welds, port matched P&P, thick SS flange, equal length, with a top of the line collecter, just really nice header(s). 2" is quite large as well, AND this is with the brand cost. $900-$1000

yes, this is VERY annoying to see some of the prices these guys pay, and the justification they provide themselves for it… R&D seems to be the biggest excuse they have

If I had a car that looked like yours, I would just enjoy it for a while. It’s not even spring yet. :gotme:

YES R&D IS A HUGE SCAM!!!

IF IT LOOKS SIMILAR IT MUST WORK THE SAME!!!

ENGINEERS ARE A JOKE!!!

Thank you viper for unveiling the huge conspiracy of the underworld of engineering.

I agree most expensive doesnt always equal best but design and manufacturing quality do justify cost most of the time

OT: saw you on the 90 this morning, car looks real hot in person

i hate engineers.

i didnt say it was a scam to charge back for R&D, but some of these guys charging 14k for a vortech blower, and meth injection are insane, but then again i would continue charging that price if people were paying it…

ewwww wow someone dun fucked up.

how about all 3? :lol:

http://tuppsm3.com/images/Misc/DSC02750.JPG
I think it was a welding issue. Maybe Hydrogen Embrittlement or no post weld stress relief. I think it was the latter or a combination of the 2. I have see this before and the cracks happen just outside of the weld boundary because that is where the material is thinnest.

edit: the thing was definitely stressed too

the same thing happend on my jeep as you see here. However, mine was a combination of rust and running over a tree that ripped it right off.

I’m guessing Kooks, QTP or Stainless Works?

But whatever

I would go with evosports which are like $1399…

Taken from an evosport founder himself Brad Otoupalik and (M3forum.com)

Originally Posted by MSpiredM3
Check out AA’s new ceramic coated headers… That’s what ima go with… The only other header thats ceramic coated is the Evosport headers, but they use a crappy material to make it in the first place…

I take great exception to that. Please give me your metallurgical background or engineering degree to support that.

We CHOOSE to use Mild Steel on ALL our M and AMG headers for one primary reason. LONGTERM RELIABILITY. 304 Stainless (what is used on the vast majrity of Stainless BMW headers) WILL fatigue and crack and fail given the heat that an M motor or an AMG F/I motor makes. Look at the EGT’s, do some research, you will find that Stainless is far more prone to cracking due to the lack of elasticity in the metal. If you use Stainless of sufficient grade (321 or better yet 409) it will resist the heat, and last longer, but it is just a matter of time with 304. BTW, using 321 or 409 will add at leats another 30% to the price of that Stainless header.

Mild steel has elasticity due to the carbon content and allows for some give as the heat cycles happen. This is especially important in climates with bad weather where the car will go from 8000 rpm HOT EGT’s to freezing temps when sitting overnight.

If you look at the recent history of Stainless headers on the M3 (last 4 years), you will see a significant number of issues.

Our record is pretty good. Not one failure in 4 years of making headers for the AMGs and M cars.

I don’t know if this is a good idea or not but… how about you buy the cheap ones at the cost of shipping, then bring them to someplace that makes high quality parts and have them make you a set of the same headers and just use the cheap ones for a mock-up for fitment. Just an idea but it makes sense to me.

i could make them myself if i REALLY wanted to, but by then it would just be easier to snag a new set on ebay which 90% fit perfect

why would you buy a nice BMW and put somethign that only fits 90% on it and risk damage?

its not a hyundai, its a bmw. spend the extra cash and do thigns right. Markup sucks, but thats what happens with nice cars.

go for it, see what happens lol