Ever figure out the annual cost of ownership for your DD?

i think i have spent about $500 on my car in the last 2 years.
insurance on it is $500 too. so… buy an older j-body.
parts are cheap… its “safe enough” LOL
the money you would save on insurance preiums and car payments can
go into a life insurance plan, should “safe enough” status be tested :smiley:

For the sake of my numbers, how much would you say the following cars are worth:

3 year old Impreza wagon with 36k miles?
6 year old Impreza wagon with 72k miles?

Go look on auttrader?

You can narrow searches down by mileage and age.

Yeah, I’ve been looking. The prices that they’re asking for 3 year old non-WRX wagons make me want to go running to the dealership. Still asking like $14k. Those numbers seem awfully high, so I’m thinking I may be looking at ads from dreamers. :gotme:

I think I’m going to go visit the Suby dealership on my lunch break. I’ll probably find out that my car’s worth all of like $4k on trade in. We’ll see.

Nah, Roo’s hold their value extremely well.

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:3,topic:32301"”]

I never bothered to figure it out, but I got my 02 prizm in 03 with 6000 miles on the clock for 5500. It now has 46k on the clock and the only other thing besides oil and gas that ive done to it is buy tires. Owning a cheap but rock solid reliable daily that you dont give a crap about is sweet, it just makes playing with other toys that much more fun. :smiley:

But yeah, I think youre just making excuses to go to the dealer :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

the prizm rules…

my DD i think has more money into it than the evo :picard: but thats because of custom paint, body work, etc… sigh

u have time, wait until u find a killer deal. My dad’s silverado was a test mule. It had 5K on it but we were issued a “new” title, as in we were the first owners. The truck stickered at 35K, the dealer gave it to us for 28K and the choice of 2500 cash back or 0%…my dad payed like 26000 cash after taxes