EVO going for a wild ride at 186mph

This is my buddy/sponsored car Jason’s EVO at the Chicago half mile this past weekend. Definitely a wake up call for speeds like this and the safety involved. Very lucky the tires didn’t catch. Unsure of what caused it to pull hard left. He just got done with this car after 2-3 years 2 months ago and has had it 9.4@150 in the 1/4. Thankfully he is perfectly fine though the car is banged up a bit. Boostin Performance’s “red demon” 2g eclipse ran 213 mph almost being the fastest car of the event next to AMS’s GTR until he bent the shift cables going into 4th on the last pass.

Hope the video works as it’s not uploaded to youtube yet:

WOW. I shipped my pants.

big blap

damn

Wow

You won.

How did that car not roll once it hit grass?

Holy crap. Glad to see he didn’t flip and actually get injured.

Pure luck probably. He’s very lucky it didn’t roll as he doesn’t have a cage and only has a harness bar to hold him in the seat.

they let him do a half mile with no cage? makes sense

Why would he need a cage?

I’m surprised the car reacted like that when he tapped the brakes.

Texas mile and other events don’t require a cage until you hit 190.

thats crazy to me…youd think they would just to be safe

learn something new everydayyyyy

Well in drag racing the requirements are much stricter

And the original poster said the car went 9.4@150 so its odd the car lacks a cage/roll bar since it would be required for that ET/MPH

He’s always wanted it as a “true street car” so he rolls the dice going to different tracks in the Chicago area. Some are lenient and let you slide. Hell, last year at Norwalk there was plenty of sub 10 second cars with no cage, some with no helmet and some with sandals. It became a huge controversy and thankfully they are being a little more strict this year then that nonsense.