Evo's- what turbo timer??

What turbo timer are you guys using? I’m looking into the greddy or apexi:gotme: . I was evolutionm.net and it does not look that hard to install with harness. . .

just a couple wires from the ecu and a ground.

i’ve never been a fan of turbo timers, i guess i’m just patient enough to sit in my car for that 90-120 seconds. just put on a good song.

:withstupi

People always seem to have electrical issues after messing with their car.(any car)

I prefer to leave the electronics as stock as possible.
When I used the APEXI afcII I used a patch so I could just unplug it.
Even my radio is stock.

Just don’t beat on your car for the last mile of your trip.

never been a fan of turbo timers either, i dont see why sitting in your car for a extra minute or two is such a huge problem. also as awd said just take it easy on the car for the last mile or two…

its just a turbo timer, get the right harness and you wont have any problems installing or unplugging it at a moments notice. you arent getting one for any other reason that letting your oil temps drop so all the extra functions they all come with are simply unecessary. plus the read outs on them are tiny as it is. the apexi is small and you can throw it under your steering column/dash and not worry about it.

a few people have compustars or other security devices that include it

the length of time you need to let the oil cool is relative to how hard you were driving it, which seems obvious… so depending on how you drive your car should help you determine if you need one or that 100 could be invested somewhere else. of course if you are getting a new turbo down the road anyways you can just beat the shit out of it for now =p

HKS turbo timer

thats what i use.
on a nonturbo car (from the factory) they can be a pain to hook up, but they make a harness for just about every stock turbo car in the world.

all in all just get one that looks pretty. they all do the same damn thing.

HKS type 0 turbo timer and harness

just put the turbo in the rear of the car :lol:

Compustar :wink:

But if I didn’t have that, I would just sit in the car and listen to a song. I could spend that $150 somewhere else.

you’re just saying that because i have yours now… and you would have to sit there.
:slight_smile:

i guess thats not such a bad thing. like if you’re with someone, you can send them in to buy the first round, and have a cold one waiting for you when you walk in.

The truth is you’ll find the biggest difference between the turbo timers is the extra funtions it has which are unrelated to turbo timing. For example, the Apexi has a volt meter and o2 voltage and a/f readout (narrowband aka useless).

If you follow this link you’ll find some of the units I sell and all of their extra features are listed:
https://www.innovativetuning.com/osCommerce/index.php?cPath=54_67

The only other major difference is the form factor of the unit. The Apexi has a tiny display and you can remote mount the brain whereas the Greddy is a 1/2 DIN all in one unit…

-Mike

everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over again :smash2:

everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over again :smash2:

i still don’t think letting it run for that short amount of time does shit.

I still do it, but I don’t think it does anything.

i dont drive a turbo…so i dont know…i had to have jack and onyx explain to me brake boosting…but after driving hard u guys sit there at idle for 2 mins? seems pretty stupid…if a turbo timer takes care of that nonsense, do it up

Just drive it like a little girl. That way you won’t have to wait very long before turning the car off.

I don’t really need alot of the other features. I just need something to idle the car for a bit and that’s it. At this point I’m jsut looking for the one that works the best and is easiest to install.

type 0? You used the harness(mMT-6) I take it? Was it as easy as I hear? thanks man:)

nice try. :cry: I get better gas mileage if I shift before 3500.:lolham: