Where to get a Turbo timer installed???

I am looking to get a turbo timer installed on my new car. i Hear it makes the car last alot longer and keeps everything running healthy :ponder i havn’t found one i like and im not sure which is a good one so any info anyone has would help

let it idle for a minute or after a hard run or drive easy for about a mile or so until you reach your destination. no need for a turbo timer.

If a timer was needed…the factory cars would have them. Only after beatingon car for a bit do you need to let it idle for a moment to resist coking of the oil. Even then…turbo stays hot for a very long time and the difference is nil. Like anything else, there is a circumstance where it can be beneficial.

Gimmick mostly.

i have a turbo timer for sale if you want to know more pm me ;D

not a necessity, but since they can be had for 80-100 bucks you might as well if you like to beat on your car. i have one in both of my cars, nothing that is needed, but why not.

im with OP. two person discount? ;D

DIY, its not hard

Before you go and spend the money, do some research and see if the car needs one first. Most newer turbo cars still flow oil through even after the motor is shut off. I’m pretty sure some VW’s and Subaru’s do.

vw and audi dont flow oil, they flow coolant from an electronic auxillary coolant pump. its for the snooty owners that dont know anything and like to do 90 all day and turn it off immediatly after arriving to their destination

Ahh alright. I stand corrected.

i remember on the DSM’s and ford probe gt’s they have a label on the mirror warning you its equipped with a turbo and a minimum of 30 seconds was required for idle time after hard driving.

In my owners manuel it says that after highway or had drivinbg let car sit for atleast 30 sec to a minute

ahhh! see? i knew it didnt keep moving oil around after youre there. i dont usually redline it to my destination and then just hop out, but i’d still like to have one in there. it wont hurt the car.

yeah tapping into your ignition system is always good, not to mention VW/Audi immobilizers are fincky devices. have fun. whats 30seconds of your time… a lot less than itll cost when you get an electrical problem.

your car you can just turn off, by the time you pull into your spot, turn down the radio, close the windows etc the car is ready to shut down, plus if its too hot… you know they have that oil temp pod in the oilpan for a reason, the car will turn on the after-run coolant pump and flow coolant and run the fan until the temp is proper… its built for idiots to drive.

what happens with the immobilizer?

it may, or may not act up, as you remove the key completely and the car continues to run. it could go into lock-out mode.

oh damn, guess mines for sale then, huh?

i have a Apexi pen style TT its small so you can snap it on anywhere in the car

A good place to install it is your garage?

same here